27 June 2012

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (IAD 4) by Kresley Cole

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}



Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3)View a preview of this book online

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #3)

by 
4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  11,789 ratings  ·  502 reviews
Her breathless kiss haunts him...
Bowen MacRieve of the Lykae clan was nearly destroyed when he lost the one woman meant for him. The ruthless warrior grew even colder, never taking another to his bed--until a smoldering encounter with his enemy, Mariketa the Awaited, reawakens his darkest desires. When sinister forces unite against her, the Highlander finds himself using all his strength and skill to keep her alive.

His slow, hot touch is irresistible...
Temporarily stripped of her powers, Mari is forced to take refuge with her sworn adversary. It's rumored that no one can tempt Bowen's hardened heart, but soon passion burns between them. Though a future together is impossible, she fears he has no intention of letting her go.

No deed is too wicked for her seduction...
If they defeat the evil that surrounds them, can Mari deny Bowen when he demands her body and soul--or will she risk everything for her fierce protector?


























Just finished this book last night! And I was soooo sad to finish! I purposely DIDN'T give it a listen several times because I didn't want the book to end! This is one series that is at the VERY VERY top of my most favorite series OF ALL TIME and a lot of it has to do with the narration. This book (as well as others in the series) are read by Robert Petkoff- and he's just simply AMAZING! This particular book has a Scottish werewolf in it named Bowen and oh my... that accent. *sigh* Why is this my favorite series of all time? Well, I have listened to (prior to my creating this review blog) the other books in this series leading up to this book and instantly fell madly in love with the writing style and especially the narrator! Robert Petkoff has read them all except for the very first book in the series, that one went between a male and a female reader, which really worked and wasn't strange at all, I really liked it! But this particular book was so fun and really tied into the previous book in the series which I loved as well. It's another along the same vein as having to find your one true mate etc etc, which is fine and dandy- everyone's a romantic deep down inside, LOL! There is fun, humor, love, hot scenes, action and magic and wolf-y-ness and everything any paranormal addict would want in a book! LOL! I mostly really like how it gave nods to the previous book and was during the same time line, just a different part of the main story/plot. There was not a single thing that I didn't enjoy about this book, the lush scenery that Cole paints as most of it takes place in Guatemala, and the characters that we've 'heard' of in previous books but are now really getting to know better. Just a fantastic book that makes me sooo sad to know the next audio release in this series isn't scheduled to be released until NOV! Gah!!!! Long time between books, since they've all been published on hard and softback and even nook/kindle version as well- why's audio format the last?! *sigh* Luckily most of the books published now-a-days comes out shortly in audio (like her most recent in this series- Lothaire, went to audio format immediately- but I WILL NOT skip ahead lol!) so that's a plus! So not a whole lot of spoiler action in this review- just my not so humble opinion! I loved this book, love this author, LOVE the narrator and LOVE LOVE LOVE this series!!!

If I could give this book a million stars, I would... LOL! I give Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night: 
★★★★★ = Loved it!


Here is what I'm loading up on my mp3 player today~ wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services