14 June 2012

Elijah by Jacquelyn Frank

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}



Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3)View a preview of this book online

Elijah (Nightwalkers #3)

by 
4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·   rating details  ·  4,213 ratings  ·  191 reviews

They are called the Demons, one of the elusive Nightwalker races living in shadow and struggling for survival against their human enemies. Their proudest warrior is Elijah, a man who bends for nothing and no one...until one woman brings him to his knees...
Some Feelings You Just Can't Fight
He is known as the Warrior Captain--a master of every weapon, a fierce soldier sworn to protect his kind. Powerful, relentless, merciless, Elijah has always won every battle he's ever taken on--until now. Ambushed by necromancers, he is left for dead only to be discovered by the woman who could very well deliver the final blow...Siena, the Lycanthrope Queen.
With three centuries of warring, little more than a decade of uneasy peace has existed between the Lycanthropes and Elijah's people. Now, after a lifetime of suspicion, the warrior in Elijah is consumed with a different battle--winning Siena's heart by giving her pleasure beyond all boundaries. What starts as attraction and arousal soon burns into a passion with consequences that will echo through the ages for both their people. And as would-be enemies become inseparable lovers, another threat approaches, one with the power to destroy them all...
Surrender to the night.














































Hello again!!! I just recently finished this one today... book 3 of the Nightwalker Series, written by Jacquelyn Frank, narrated by Xe Sands. Now, this has been my favorite book so far! (did I say that about Gideon? LOL!) I just loved how there was such a struggle for the Queen, Siena. I loved every single thing about Elijah and really enjoyed the voice Xe Sands took when reading him. The other characters she gives an accent to the voices because of where ever they are from etc etc, but Elijah's voice was pretty typical and I completely loved it! It is always a wonder for me, when listening to audiobooks how the narrators take on such different voices. Women readers seem to do it far easier than men readers... when men try and make their voices female and soft, it tends to sound kind of creepy LOL! But, don't get me wrong, I adore both male and female narrators alike and definitely have my list of favorites! ;) This was another 'feel good' book, along the same vein as the other in the series, there is a struggle with the whole finding a mate, accepting the mate (in this case, the female of the pair was a little bit reluctant, but she came around... good little kitten!), then there's a big drama which came more near towards the end of the book in this one, it felt like, but was very enjoyable nonetheless. I WILL be finishing these books, but am going to take a small break to listen to a couple of others that I've been a follower of (books in a series) for some time now... I think a nice, small break will give this fantastic series that fresh feel again! :)




Elijah gets this many stars from me:
★★★★★ = Loved it! 





And I just loaded up onto my audio book the following books:





^^^^ Starting this afternoon!!



Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3)




Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3)

1 comment:

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services