23 July 2012

Noah by Jacquelyn Frank

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}



Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)View a preview of this book online

Noah (Nightwalkers #5)

by 
4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·   rating details  ·  3,413 ratings  ·  187 reviews
The Nightwalkers have lived in the shadows of our world for centuries, gifted with abilities few humans can comprehend. For Noah, duty is all--until he meets the woman who is his destiny...

SHE WILL TAKE HIM BEYOND HIS WILDEST DREAMS.

As Demon King, Noah is dedicated to protecting his kind from their human and Nightwalker enemies. Yet for six months he has struggled with vivid dreams that threaten his very sanity. Every night he's tormented by images of a woman both achingly real and tantalizingly beyond his grasp. And his bone-deep need leaves him no choice but to force her to leave the life she's known and enter a world beyond her imagining...

Every day, Kestra risks her life in perilous missions that veer just shy of the law, but she instinctively knows that the imposingly sensual figure before her is a danger unlike any she's ever faced. Kestra has sworn never to trust or need another man, but Noah's lightest touch scorches her with fevered desire, branding her as his mate, blinding them both to the terrifying truth. For within the ranks of their own people lies an adversary growing in number and power. And nothing and no one will be safe again...

Desire awakens at night...












































Hi again! Here I am with the review of the 5th book in the Nightwalker Series- Noah by Jacquelyn Frank, narrated by the lovely Xe Sands. I know this is going to sound just like the last book- but this one, by far is my favorite book in the series! I LOVED Noah! Oh my gosh! What a spectacular book. Nothing was sacred in this story line as Frank took us along the journey of Noah finding his mate (in such a cool way, might I add), even as far as making Noah's mate- Kestra, barren. And from listening a bit to the next book in the series Adam (started this last night and gave a bit of a listen this morning) the fact that Kestra is barren is extreme foreshadowing... but I digress! I won't give away anymore until it comes time to review Adam.
So anyway, the struggle in this book is pretty paramount and the realizations and epic battles go hand in hand. I loved the tension and near-death situations that occurred as well, even though the poor nightwalker's still can't seem to catch a break. Poor nightwalker's. LOL! So if you've read the rest of the books in the series, they are just as great as this one, but this one was a little more special because Noah is the "demon king". Ruler of all the demons. So, he's been without a mate for quite sometime and he's got great powers as he's the most powerful male fire demon around. As I said in the beginning it was a great struggle to find Kestra, for Noah, and a great struggle to keep her, but the path they took was a great read! I'm really happy that I picked up this series, it's turned out to be a really great story! All of the characters are beloved and endearing in their own little ways and Kestra was a great addition to the mated pairs. If anyone is still on the fence about this series, I would highly suggest that they pick it up and just dive in! You won't be disappointed!


I give Noah this many stars: ★★★★ = Liked it!










Stay tuned for my review on this book I started last night:



Adam (Nightwalkers, #6)


2 comments:

  1. Aww shucks. ;) Isn't Xe Sands DEVINE? I adore how she has brought my characters to life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is divine! yes! I agree!! Your books were great and Adam freaked me out at first, but I'm glad it went the way that it did! Great ending to a great series! Thank you Jacquelyn!!! <3

      Delete

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services