18 November 2012

Decadent by Shayla Black

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}


Decadent (Wicked Lovers, #2)
Read
Clear rating
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

Decadent (Wicked Lovers #2)

by 
4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  4,306 ratings  ·  275 reviews
Two men are better than one…

How can a virgin seeking happily-ever-after with a hot pop star who has a penchant for threesomes win her fantasy man? Kimber Edgington desperately needs a plan to convince Jesse McCall, who’s been her friend and secret crush since they spent a summer together as teenagers, that they are meant for each other. But all the tabloid stories about his sexual escapades make her feel oh-so inadequate.

Determined to prove she’s woman enough for Jesse, Kimber turns to bodyguard Deke Trenton for sexual education. Bold and brash, Deke warns Kimber that playing with him is playing with fire. But he can’t bear to imagine the innocent beauty in someone else’s arms. So Deke and his super-sexy friend, Luc, take Kimber under their wings and dangerously close to the edge of ecstasy. Though she’s saved herself for Jesse, Kimber soon learns, he’s not the man adept at stoking her aching, endless need. That’s Deke, and he can’t resist when Kimber begs for more–and more.





















I had thought about doing another vlog review of this book, but this one has a little more...errrrr... what's the word I'm looking for? "Mature Material" in it, therefore, to save yourself and myself some face, I'm typing this one out! hahahah! ;) Some of you are like "Oh Thank God!" *wink*, I know you are! Anyway, here I am with the second book in Shayla Black's Wicked Lovers Series- Decadent. Not quite sure WHY she chose to name this book that, there was very little that was truly decadent about it! It was raw, emotional and extremely graphic! None of which really phased me, but might send some innocent readers (or listeners) into seizures! LOL! This book WAS hot hot hot, I do have to admit that. But what I find HOT might not really impress others, so to lay it all out on the table, this book was completely saturated in the theme of menage. As in, a threesome. ;) I had thought the narrator Lexi Maynard had borked and screwed up the first book's main female characters' voice- Morgan, but she did a doozy on this book's female main characters voice- Kimber. Ohhhh gods, it's terrible. No offense to the lovely, hard working Lexi Maynard, but holy bejeezus, it's sooo high pitched, sooo grating and annoying, and when she tells her man, Deke she wants him balls deep, in that extremely girlish and annoying voice, it just really... doesn't HIT HOME like it should with me! LOL! It was bad... but I was able to really move past the terrible sounding voice and fall desperately in love with Deke AND his cousin Luc (whom a little birdy told me, the 3rd book is about- squeee!)...! Deke was a character that Black touched on at the very end of the first book in this series and I knew I was going to really like him and his ways and I'm super happy there was a book all to Deke. Luc was a very involved secondary character, which was fine, there couldn't have really been an intimate threesome without another person, and Luc just happened to be that other person. Once again, the plot and the story kind of made me shake my head and wonder WHAT IN THE FUCK IS GOING ON? or HOW THE HELL DID THEY GET INTO THIS SITUATION? but it was a slow and steady build and Black did kind of work up to everything and did finally spill the beans towards the end about what was plaguing Deke the whole time (read it, you'll see! no spoilers from me lol!) and why each of them were the way they were. I enjoyed this second book in the series a lot more than I did the first book and if anyone out there has a hidden, naughty secret closet fantasy about a threesome, this is a fantastic book for you! You don't necessarily have to have read the first book in this series (at all really) to get the gist and feel the feelings. It's a good, hearty, stand alone book that makes even the stingiest and most ice queen'y'ist of us women turn into juicy, naughty little minx's (ask my husband hahah!)!! ;) 


The amount of stars I gave this book was a good, solid:




I've loaded up the third book in this series and will start that later today probably!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services