04 November 2012

Born of Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon


{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}


Born of Silence (The League, #5)
Read
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

Born of Silence (The League #5)

 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  1,979 ratings  ·  304 reviews
Death Stalks Them All... 

Kere is the second most infamous member of the shadow organization known as Sentella. An explosive engineer who strikes terror into the hearts of the League, the bounty on his head is truly staggering. No one knows his true identity.

The daughter of a traitor, Zarya Starska grew up hard on the back streets of hell- her family hunted to the brink of extinction. But Zarya dreams of a different life and a different world. A world where the harsh hand of the Caronese emperor doesn’t destroy his subjects. As a Resistance leader, her goal is to topple the government that needlessly ruined the lives of her family and comrades-in-arms. In this deadly quest, the only person she can trust is a mysterious man known only as Kere.

By The Light Of Day... 

Kere has a dark secret and a brutal past. As he aids the Resistance, he’s actually working to bring down his own family- the Cruels- so named for the viciousness in their blood that runs so deep, no other name would do. Born and bred from one of the oldest and noblest families in the United Systems, Kere’s real name is Darling Cruel. And the one thing he wants most is to see his uncle, who stole the crown by murdering his father, pay for his crimes.

If You Tell A Lie Long Enough, It Becomes The Truth... 

In order to protect his mother from execution, Darling’s entire life has been built on a lie that he dare not breathe a contrary word about. His hands tied by his uncle’s cruelty. No one has ever seen the real him. No one except Zarya. She’s the only person he’s ever fully trusted with the truth. But when she betrays him by allowing a weapon he designed solely for her to be used against him, all bets are off.

The Hero Is Now The Monster... 

Betrayed to the deepest level, Darling becomes an enemy even worse than his uncle. His goal is not only to reign, but to kill every Resistance member he can find. He won’t rest until all of them are dead and that includes Zarya.

The Twisted Hand Of Fate... 

Zarya is the only hope to reach the heart of the man her people once considered their ally. A man who hates her with a fury so great that she knows it’s just a matter of time before he kills her. But if she can find the part of him that once trusted her, the part of him that once loved her, she might be able to save not only her own life, but those of her people.

It’s an impossible mission.

Too bad she doesn’t play the odds.

























































Hello! Boy, has it ever been a while since I've updated! Whew! Well, between now and my previous post, I had a significant hard drive failure from the Oct 24th Microsoft Windows update. Luckily I have a very techy husband and he was able, after several days, get me back up and running with very little loss. I was so preoccupied with all of that, that I rarely gave a listen to this book, and it took me, what seems like forever to actually get through it! *sigh* I did, however, thoroughly enjoy this 5th book in Kenyon's League series. I loved the characters of Darling and Zarya! I loved their dynamic and how the book started out was definitely a unique way of going about their "relationship".  This one has many layers to it, and quite the bit of up and down drama, like a roller coaster, LOL! But it's what you expect from Kenyon- lush, imaginative, full bodied and wonderful, touching on all the different characters from previous books, and giving a little insight on secondary characters, like Darling's best friend; Mari. I'm not sure how his name is spelled in the book, because I don't "read" the books, I listen to them, so the spelling of that one might be a bit off! LOL! I loved Darling's best friend's character in the book too and the whole story and plot he plays in Darling's life. This was just a good, round, perfect book- that's pretty much it! LOL! I have a nice little list of characters that I would love to see their own book, and can not wait to see who book #6 is about! ;)


I finished this book a night ago and give it a solid:




And I have this one loaded up and started it last night, but was pretty zonked out tired, so I will be doing a bit of rewinding when I give a listen today! Soooo excited for this book! Been waiting forever for it to come out on audio, it seems!


Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services