22 October 2012

Born of Shadows by Sherrilyn Kenyon


{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}



Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
Read
Clear rating
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

Born of Shadows (The League #4)

 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  3,475 ratings  ·  291 reviews
Just when you think you have it all figured out, life belts you to the ground. And when Caillen discovers a truth he'd never suspected about himself, everything in his life is turned on its head.

Desideria has a secret of her own- one that could end her life if anyone ever learns it. The last thing she expects is to meet a criminal in her sheltered world never mind find herself marooned on a hostile colony with him while his enemies try to kill them both.

And as they struggle to survive, her father's favorite curse resonates. "May you get exactly what you want and live long enough to regret it."


















So! Hello! I am back to post my review on the 4th book in the League series- Born of Shadows. Now this book was more like it! I'm not sure what silly nonsense the last book was about (hopping into the future etc) but with this one, Kenyon is right back to her old self again, telling the tale of these amazing characters in a time frame/setting that is more cohesive. I was seriously thrown off hearing how old Syn and Nykyrian where in book 3, LOL! Yipes! Anyway, we finally get to meet Caillen a little better, and learn about his "other half to be" Desideria. The names in this series, oy! What ever happened to simple names?! hehehe! This story was fast enough paced to keep me interested, but drawn out and detailed enough to keep me in LOVE with it! I just love these stories Kenyon is taking me (and everyone else who reads them!) on with these League books. I like the sci-fi aspect too, which I didn't think I would when I first started out, but I don't think it's as much the "world" she paints, but the actual characters in them! Oh, and the narrator! That never hurts! *sigh* How I love me some Holter Graham! He's amazing when he reads, I don't know what it is about him that I adore. I guess since he read the Dark Hunter book of Kenyon's Acheron, which is seriously like one of my top five favorite books EVER, his voice brings me that nostalgia of listening to that book, I guess! He's a very talented "reader", lol! And luckily, he's reads most of Kenyon's newer books, so that's a plus! I'm just really glad that the main female character in this one had a bit of a different story, she wasn't your typical "gun for hire" / assassin who had orders to kill the main character guy, but JUST. CAN'T. DO. IT because she falls in love meh meh meh. That story line gets old FAST! So this one was unique and I really liked it a lot! I'm looking forward to finishing up this series and will patiently await the newest one that is due around the end of Jan. :( Hate having to wait so long, but I know those poor authors bust their butts writing, so I will be a good girl and wait nicely!

Last night I already started the next book, so look for a review of that one soon, I'm kinda excited for whom the main character is heheh!

I gave Born of Shadows:




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services