10 October 2012

Born of Fire by Sherrilyn Kenyon


{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}


Born of Fire (The League, #2)

Born of Fire (The League #2)

 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  5,359 ratings  ·  290 reviews
From the creator of the #1 bestselling Dark-Hunter novels - the spellbinding League series continues!

In a universe where assassins make the law, everyone lives in fear - except for Syn. Born of an illicit scandal that once rocked a dynasty, he always knew how to survive on the bloodthirsty streets. But that was then, and the future is now...

He takes no prisoners.

Syn was raised as a tech-thief until his livelihood uncovered a truth that could end his life. He tried to destroy the evidence, and has been on the run ever since. Now trained as an assassin, he allows no one to threaten him. Ever. He is the darkness that swallows his enemies whole.

She offers no escape.

Shahara Dagan is the best bounty hunter in the universe. When Syn comes back on the radar, she’s the only one who can bring him to justice. There’s only one problem: Syn is a close family friend who’s helped out the Dagans countless times. But if she saves him, both of their lives will be on the line. Is Syn’s protection worth the risk? The only hope Shahara has is to find the evidence he buried long ago. Now it’s kill or be killed - and they, the predators, have just become the hunted...






























Hello again! Here I am fresh from just finishing up Born of Fire, the second book in the League Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon, read by the AMAZING and oh so wonderful Fred Berman, who has read several of Kenyon's Dark Hunter books as well, so his voice to me, it like... *sigh* Uber-fantastic. He did the voice of Syn like, utter perfection! He will also be reading for the 3rd book in this series, Born of Ice. And... to my sqeeeeeee-happy surprise, my OTHER very favorite narrator, Holter Graham will be reading book 4! But! Let's not get a head of ourselves! I've only just now finished book 2, and had another similarly heart-felt journey with some tangible emotions and nail biting suspense! It just seemed like poor Syn and Shahara couldn't quite catch a break in this, they were followed by the "bad guys"  from planet to planet, everywhere they went! Poor them! LOL! This plot was well thought out and well written, giving us a deeper look into the League world that Kenyon has created for us. It was less "league" though, than the first one, with Nykyrian in it, whom was like the most bad ass assassin ever, and more Robin to his Batman, lol! I really liked Syn though, and thought he was a good, solid character and leading male. They are all so tortured and tormented, which is why I like them?? I don't know, but their 'hard on the outside, soft on the inside' thing really works for me! :) Only thing that kinda made me go Meh?! was the fact that the first book, I guess because it was from Nykyrian's point of view, was that Syn was some total lush first and foremost, but in this book the drinking of alcohol played a definite back seat, so it was just kinda strange for me- the huge difference. I love the picture that Kenyon paints and can not wait to finish out this series, which I will be doing right AFTER I sink my teeth into my next book up on board- Reflected In You by Sylvia Day... ohhhh Gideonnnnn!!!! *grin* See you all soon!



I gave Born of Fire  it was everything Kenyon's ever given- which is spectacular and perfection!



Up next...

Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services