03 December 2012

Rogue Rider by Larissa Ione


{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}




Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #4)
Read
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance #4)

by 
4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  981 ratings  ·  238 reviews
The prophecies were there but no one listened. Until now. They are the Lords of Deliverance and they have the power to ward off Doomsday . . . or let it ride.

Jillian Cardiff came to this remote mountain town to forget the demon attack that almost killed her. Instead, she rescues - and falls for - a gorgeous stranger who has no memory of anything other than his name. Handsome, charming and protective, Reseph seems like the kind of man that Jillian can trust. But with hints of a troubling history of his own, he's also the kind of man that can be very dangerous . . .

Reseph may not know his background, or why he mysteriously appeared in Jillian's life, but he knows he wants to stay. Yet when Jillian's neighbours are killed and demon hunters arrive on the scene, Reseph fears that he's putting Jillian in danger. And once it's revealed that Reseph is also Pestilence, the Horseman responsible for ravaging the world with death and destruction, he and Jillian must face the greatest challenge of all: can they forget the horrors of a chilling past to save the future they both desire?

























Hello visitors! Today I opted for a typed out review, rather than the sometimes vlog review! ;) I have nothing but awesome stuff to say about this book and so I didn't want to completely geek out over it in a vlog review! LOL! :P So, here I am again- Larissa Ione! *sigh* She's definitely on my top 5 list of favorite authors- she seriously is awesome! And Erin Bennett reads this one (as she did the other LoD books- 4 so far) and does a great job! Her familiar voice brought back the other 3 books with a seriousness that felt nostalgic and fantastic! I've read all of Ione's other Lords of Deliverance books as well as all of her Demonica series (which wasn't ever reviewed on this audiobook blog because I had listened to them all before I started this blog *sniffles*); which were outstanding as well! So with this 4th book in the LoD series, we are thrust into Reseph's world, and his mate; Jillian is along for the ride. Jillian is perfectly human but not completely ignorant to "demons". Now, we've been hearing about Reseph since book 1, and by, I think, book 2 we know that his 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse seal has broken (it's got a fancy name, but I don't know how to spell it because I don't read the books, I only listen to them and I don't want to 1) slaughter the spelling or 2) do much investigating at the moment lol) and he's basically "chanelling" Pestilence (which is baaaaad, mkay!). So that wasn't really a spoiler, just so you know! We've known that his seal's been broken through most of the book series and everyone's been pretty much fighting against him. Well in this book, after a series of motions in the very end of the last book, we are shown who Reseph really is. We "get to know" him as Reseph, rather than who we've been shown in the other books- Pestilence. And of course, we are reunited with his brothers and sister as well, the other horsemen and know all about them because all the other books were about their story in regards to finding their mate as well as fighting Pestilence. 
I really love how this book started out as well, and love the way that we get to find out and really meet his mate Jillian. She is a fantastic heroine and just an overall great character full of so much hope. A lot of the other books I've read lately are all SEX SEX SEX (little bit of storyline/plot) SEX SEX, and while that is welcomed and fun at times, it's really good to get back to a solid storyline, great plot that is familiar and feels so comfortable and is extremely well thought out and filled with tons and tons of lore that we've learned about over the course of the 4 books (even longer if you've read any of her Demonica series). This series is spectacular and I just absolutely love it. I have not visited Ione's website to read if the series is over (there ARE only 4 Horsemen, so....) or what it's going to do, but I'm completely jonesing for a series, or even just ONE book on Reever and Harvester (two angels/watchers) which I'm assuming will be up in coming since there was a serious cliffhanger at the end of this one! LOL! Anyway... for anyone interested in the paranormal/demon type books with just enough intimacy to keep you sated, please give these books a try! Ione is phenomenal! :)



If I could give it more, I would! A seriously solid:





...and because a good friend recommended this naughty little series, I'm giving the below book a listen right now!







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services