25 December 2012

Sweet Seduction by Maya Banks

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}





Sweet Seduction (Sweet, #3)
Read
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing
View a preview of this book online

Sweet Seduction (Sweet #3)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  3,589 ratings  ·  154 reviews
He was the stuff erotic dreams are made of

Salon owner Julie Stanford wanted Nathan Tucker ever since she gave him his first massage. Getting paid to feel every inch of his body, stripped, oiled, and spread out in front of her. Stuff dreams are made of. But the sexy guy was oblivious to the signals she was sending; until she finished off his final rub-down with something extra. In fact, the best extra he ever had. Unfortunately, he came around too late. Now Julie's moving on.

She was everything he'd dreamed of

The woman was driving him crazy.  She lit fire to his insides then ran like a scalded cat.  And now she's going to someone else to have all her fantasies fulfilled? Over his dead body. He's more than willing to give her what she wants, and as soon as he pins the little minx down, he'd show her his own brand of sweet seduction.

It's all fun and games until someone falls in love.
























Hello all! Merry Christmas! While my kiddo's are playing with their many new toys Santa brought them and my hubby's relaxing watching a movie on the tablet (he's also on call today, for work, booooh!), I thought I would pop on here real quick and do my book review for the above book that I finished at about 11 pm last night! I loaded up the book right after it (book #4) shortly after and started it for a few minutes last night too! I just couldn't get to sleep last night! Guess I was excited about Santa coming! LOL! :P Anyway, I was told by a friend who has read this series that this book was a little more tame compared to some of the others in the series, and although it was definitely more tame, it was still fun and a nice light read for me. (errrr..."listen" I guess you could say!) I'm growing more fond of the narrators voice- Caroline Wintour, so that's a plus! Only took me 3 times of her reading these books to me to grow accustomed to it! LOL! It's truly not so bad anymore, and the way she did the main characters voices- Julie and Nathan, in this book were clever and easy on the ears! :) This was just a fairly simple love story, nothing too over the top like in the other books, a dabbling into 3some's and whatnot and a couple of short mentions of BDSM, but otherwise, it was fairly "vanilla". Hahahah! I think I can say that word, safely, now! It feels like the series has plateaued a little bit, and now with book 4 that I just started, I'm hoping that this book gives me a little more UMPH and more squirm factor, heheh! I did enjoy this book though, and the characters were very likable to be honest. Nathan seems very much so like the "typical male" and Julie's character is that average (for me) strong, confident female. I had mentioned to a friend when talking about this series (she's already read them) that I wasn't too keen on the whole "girl talk", "girls night out" best friend girly chatter in book 2 that I forgot to mention in my review (mainly because it was kinda just added heavily unexpectedly- none of which was every hinted at in book 1 with the main female character Faith- who's got these other 2 best girl friends, who are in books 2 and this one- book 3)... it kinda annoyed me a bit moreso in book 2 than it did in this 3rd book. I know women tend to have these relationships, but I personally don't, so it's foreign and different to me. *shrug* That would be my only real MEH about the 2nd and 3rd book, but otherwise, these books are a decent read, in my opinion! I'm on book 4 now, which is Micah's book and am very much so looking forward to listening to the rest of it! Barely 15 mins in, if that, and I can't wait to find out more about him and his story! :)


This book for me, got this many stars:






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services