02 January 2013

Sweet Temptation by Maya Banks


{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}



Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4)
 Read
Clear rating
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing
View a preview of this book online

Sweet Temptation (Sweet #4)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  3,530 ratings  ·  185 reviews
He was a by-the-book cop who broke the rules in the bedroom ... 
Micah Hudson has painful secrets he's run hard from. He has new friends, a new life, but he's about to be confronted with the one person who reminds him of all he's tried to forget--Angelina, the sister of his oldest friend David. She knows everything about his past, including how he and David fell in love with the same woman, and how they decided the best way to prevent her from tearing them apart was to share her between them. But then a terrible accident left Micah alone ...

She was willing to do anything to make him see the woman she'd become ... 
Micah lost the two people who meant the most in the world to him. Angelina lost her only family. And she kept her deepest secret close to her heart. Her love for Micah. No longer willing to wait, she decides it's time to go after him and bring him to his knees. She knows his secrets, his desires, his kinks and fetishes, and she'll use whatever it takes to reel him in. Behind the easygoing, loves women exterior lies a man with dark needs and passions. She can give him what he wants. But will he decide she's what he needs?


























Hello! *waves frantically* As you can see, I've given my little audiobook blog a face lift. I wanted something a little more fun. Still contemplating the background, it's feeling awfully dark and claustrophobic to me. Hmm *shrug* Anyway! So I've finished this fourth book in the Sweet Series by Maya Banks, read by Caroline Wintour once again, luckily, now I'm used to her voice, but I'm now getting a little restless with these characters and am really craving something more paranormal. I always tend to bounce back and forth between "humans" (lol) and paranormal romance type books. And even the "human" books are pretty edgy and not really the typical nice and sweet book or plot. Heh. So yeah... this book was {finally} about Micah and his story- which I couldn't wait to hear about! I wasn't too let down either! This was a good, solid book with a dark and twisted little storyline that leaned heavily towards BDSM and errrr... how do I put this? Um. Well okay. Let's just do the band-aid thing... quick pull... so yeah, two words, or maybe it's one word... a FIVE WAY. Now I am no squeamish virgin when it comes to a multiple sexual situation- I've read Laurell K. Hamilton LOL! She was really my first introduction into a situation that had more than 3 partners at once... so mind you, I'm not "unknowing" in this type of scenario... but I guess it's just been a while because when this scene played out in this particular book, my jaw dropped open and my eye balls bugged straight out of my skull (and I was trying to lay peacefully in bed and doze sweetly off to sleep...!). So yeah. I don't even know how it even came to pass either, because I was just listening along, ho hum de dum, drifting in and out of sleep, dozing a bit, and all of a sudden there is a scene that I don't even know why it was in the book, or what real purpose it served (though after the scene I had talked to a online friend who's read this book and she gave me a little clarity- I am still kind of mystified lol!) but holy smokes- it was pretty en fuego. HAHAHAH! Like I guess that makes me some kind of pervert or something? I mean it's not like I'm searching for 3 more men (I have a husband, so I am presuming he'd be one of the men *snort* I seriously doubt he'd be down for a five way though bahahah!) to get a thang goin', but it was quite interesting to listen to, pretty shocking too! It just felt odd and out of place and unnecessary but kind of necessary?! I don't know, it was surprising, I guess! The characters are ones from her previous books in the series, we don't really meet anyone new other than the main female, Angelina, which is a great character, but boy howdy, how Wintour does her voice is a little funky. Apparently Angelina is a latin bombshell and the accent the reader gives the character is sort of funny to listen to! I don't know- I guess I don't give the readers enough credit- sometimes they are amazing and do the voices so well, and sometimes it's just goofy and off putting! The accent was a little silly, but it grew on me, if that makes any sense at all! :P So yeah, if any of you guys want kink with a capital K, then this might be the book for you! And it's not even really necessary to have read the other books in the series to know the other relationships for this one, which might be a plus for some people! :) There was clear and precise reasons as to why everything played out the way it did (I hate spoilers, I guess the five way thing was a spoiler huh! sorry!) and the ending had a great nail biting twist! So it was a roller coaster ride a bit! So okay, enough rambling for me, I have to scrounge around to figure out what I'm going to listen to next. It's a toss up between listening to/starting the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning (tried her Highlander series if you all recall... meh) or physically reading/starting the Shadowdweller series by Jacquelyn Frank on my tablet through the Kindle App... hmmm, decisions, decisions!


Sweet Temptation got from me a good, solid:


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services