31 January 2013

Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians #3) by Dianne Duvall


{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}

Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians, #3)
Read
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)
View a preview of this book online

Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians #3)

by 
4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  807 ratings  ·  122 reviews
Dr. Melanie Lipton is no stranger to the supernatural. She knows immortals better than they know themselves, right down to their stubborn little genes. So although a handsome rogue immortal seems suspicious to her colleagues, Sebastien Newcombe intrigues Melanie. His history is checkered, his scars are impressive, and his ideas are daring. But it's not his ideas that have Melanie fighting off surges of desire . . .

Bastien is used to being the bad guy. In fact, he can't remember the last time he had an ally he could trust. But Melanie is different — and under her calm, professional exterior he senses a passion beyond anything in his centuries of experience. Giving in to temptation is out of the question — he can't put her in danger. But she isn't asking him . . .





















Hello, hello! I just finished up book 3 in the Immortal Guardians Series by Dianne Duvall (which also concludes my Sequel Challenge of 2013 yay!!!!) and I'm checkin' in for my review! Book 1 started off a little rocky, took me bit to get into it, but I finally did get into it, as well as book 2 and this whole series! So with this third book, I was happy with whom it ended up being about Bastien, but am holding out for the book about their fearless leader, Seth; that is going to be a kick ass book! I have so many ideas going around in my head for his book, I can't wait! :) That doesn't mean that I wasn't completely pleased with Bastien's book, I actually absolutely adored it and loved his ferocity! The plot was pretty neat too, there was a couple of big battle type scene's in the book and I really enjoyed listening about their fluidity as a "team" of guardians. There was much more like military type precision in this one than in the other two books and I'm not sure if I'm overly fond of that, or just kinda meh about it. I tend not to really read books with that sort of genre, but this has a very intense love/mate type undertone, so I think it balanced out fairly well. Melanie was a good pairing with Bastien too, she was a no nonsense, brave, brazen female character and I think that helped tone Bastien down a little. And as with the other two books, I was completely head over heels with the way Potter does the narration  her accents are seriously endearing and phenomenal! I really truly have enjoyed listening to this series and I'm glad that I picked it up. It will hold a special place in my heart and I will keep and eye out for her 4th book when it releases later this year.

I happily gave this book:



Now, truthfully, I have no idea what I'm going to start next... I have several different options loaded up on my mp3 player right now... here's what I'm contemplating:


Sweet Possession (Sweet, #5)


Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
Be Mine Tonight (Brotherhood of Blood, #1) <~~~~~~ I read funky reviews on this one though so I'm kinda leary of it!!!!





Oh and I have to say, that I'm a fan on Facebook of the amazing and completely mind blowing Kresley Cole and she just announced that the 6th book in her Immortals After Dark series- Dark Desires after Dusk will be released on audio on FEB 5th!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!! And then the 7th book- Kiss of a Demon King will be out in MAY!!!!!!!!!! Woot woot!!! That is seriously exciting news! I know, I know- they are already out there floating around to READ, but man oh man, you'd know what I meant if you just gave them half a listen, Robert Petkoff reads the books and he's freaking DIVINE! Ahhh! So thrilled! :) Ta Ta til next time! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services