27 January 2013

Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians #2) by Dianne Duvall

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}


Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2)
 
Read
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)
View a preview of this book online

Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians #2)

by 
4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·   rating details  ·  1,682 ratings  ·  219 reviews
Ami isn't much for trusting strangers. She has a hard time trusting anyone. But she's no coward, and she's no pushover in the protection department either. So when she comes across a mysterious warrior taking on eight deranged vampires on his own, she doesn't hesitate to save his bacon. Of course, that was before she realized what one little rescue would get her into . . .

Marcus Grayden has been an immortal protector of humanity for eight hundred years, and at the moment he's not interested in backup. From the moment Ami arrives in his life, he can't deny that she's strong, smart, and extremely skilled at watching his back. But she's also destroying his protective solitude and stirring desires he can't bear to awaken. After all, whatever her secrets — how can she defeat death itself?






















Hello again!!! So, I'm back! :) Just finished up book 2 in the Immortal Guardians series by Dianne Duvall; read by Kirsten Potter. Now, I hadn't had too many oooh's and ahhh's in regards to the first book of hers in this series that I listened to right before this one, but this book has definitely redeemed itself! I absolutely ADORED this book! Ahh! I guess I'm just getting more used to their "world" and their particular ilk of vampire. *shrug* Although this book really smacks of a lot of the other books I've listened to with vampires as their main characters by way of just scenery and the way they have their ways of life set up, I really enjoyed this regardless of that fact. About 3/4 the way through it dawned on me why this book felt sooo familiar! It is extremely similar to the books by Lara Adrian called the Midnight Breed, where the vampires have a whole inner network set up which includes scientists, humans and the like. How the vampires go on nightly "hunts" and are tracking down a particular thing (in this case, it's particular turned vampires who don't have a special "gift" which causes them to turn into actual "immortal guardians") or 'bad guy'. *snort* I was kinda bummed that this book wasn't about Seth, whom I'm dying to read a book about to know more about him (even though I am pretty sure I have him figured out! *snicker*) I truly enjoyed hearing Marcus's story and finally getting to know more about "the mystery girl" from book 1! I had her pegged too, though she's not really THAT predictable, it just popped into my mind (her "particularity") and I just happened to be right! I will NOT post spoilers though! You'll have to read it and find out for yourself! ;) I honestly really enjoyed everything about this book and am swiftly falling head over heels for this extremely simple writing style and the effortless accents that Kirsten Potter gives these characters is phenomenal and divine! It's like happiness for my ears! LOL! Anyway, I have book 3 loaded up and will start it later tonight! I'm excited! I'm trying not to peek at the excerpt on good reads because I want to be surprised! Silly me!


I'm truly enjoying this series more and more, so I'm giving this book:




Up next:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services