13 February 2013

Dark Desires After Dusk (IAD #6) by Kresley Cole


{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}




Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
 
Read
Clear rating
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)
View a preview of this book online

Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6)

by 
4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·   rating details  ·  15,372 ratings  ·  535 reviews
RITA Award-winning author Kresley Cole continues her bestselling Immortals After Dark series with this electrifying tale of a ruthless demon mercenary and the lovely young halfling who enchants him.

A seductive beauty he can never have, yet can't resist...
Cadeon Woede will stop at nothing to atone for the one wrong that will haunt him forever. But once he secures the key to his redemption, the halfling Holly Ashwin, Cade finds that the woman he thought he could use for his own ends and then forget haunts him as much as his past.

A tormented warrior she should fear, but can't deny...
Raised as a human, Holly never knew that some frightening legends are real until she encounters a brutal demon who inexplicably guards her like a treasure. Thrust into a sensual new world of myth and power, with him as her protector, she begins to crave the demon's wicked touch.

Surrender to dark desires...
Yet just when he earns Holly's trust, will Cade be forced to betray the only woman who can sate his wildest needs -- and claim his heart?





























Hello, hello!!! So, here I am, back with the 6th book in the AMAZING series called the Immortals After Dark by the talented Kresley Cole! All of these books are already out in e-reader and actual book format, but she's releasing them slowly (ohhhh soooo slowly!) on audiobook and I'm completely loving them and devour each one as it's released. This was just released a week+ ago, and I'm already done with it! They aren't "quick reads", I don't think, but for me, they are ALWAYS quick "listens" because I have my ear buds in 24/7 with her books LOL! Once again~ completely and utterly IN LOVE with a book in this series. There honestly hasn't even been 1 that I haven't fallen head over heels for! Most of the characters are relatively re-occurring (except the heroine, this was the first we'd heard of her, but the male counterpart; Cade, we've heard of in previous books) and that gives a very familiar and comfortable feel, which I totally love! I'm a sucker for a series! heh! You know I loved the book if, right after it ends and I'm turning off my mp3 player and pulling out my ear buds that I go "Awwwww!"... and I totally did that earlier. It was a warm, fuzzy happy happy ending like I enjoy, and it was a great roller coaster ride full of a good amount of "down time" as well as action, so it balanced out fairly perfectly, for me. I'm very much so used to Cole's writing style at this point, so for me, it was a complete pleasure to go along this journey. And... let's not forget who read the book to me, my own private little reading, hah! Robert Petkoff was at it again! I've had the pleasure of listening to him read all of the other books as well in this series and he does THE BEST job! There wasn't any funky accents, other than Cade's accent, which I don't even know what or how to even describe it, they mentioned in the book something like south African?! I honestly have no clue, but it was definitely unique and totally grew on me!
Now in nearly all of her books, there's a clear pattern of: boy meets girl, boy figures out girl is "fated mate", boy either fights the urge, or gives in, either way- he attempts to convince girl they are supposed to be mates etc. etc... it's the same "plot" in each book but the characters are obviously different and unique and the environment is unique and particular to each couple, but this back and forth between the male and female was really fun and I completely and utterly adored the female character Holly. She has OCD and was just so damn quirky that it ended up being extremely endearing! I just really, really liked her a lot! I think I liked the last "leading lady" as well, in book #5 (french ballerina turned ghost, turned phantom....*snort*) so Cole really knows how to make a STRONG leading male and perfectly pair them with the best female she can imagine! I just love these books and can not wait until May when book #7 is released in audio! :)


Completely absolutely give this book: 


Up next:


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services