09 July 2013

Pleasure of the Night (Dream Guardians #1) by Sylvia Day

Pleasures of the Night (Dream Guardians, #1)



There are sensuous pleasures that can only be tasted in the night . . . 
He comes to her in the twilight between sleep and consciousness to fulfill her secret desires. Lyssa Bates has never experienced such ecstasy, brought to her by a man whose deep, soul-penetrating blue eyes hold the promise of tempting intimacies and decadent pleasures. But this stranger, this lover, this immortal seducer is only a dream—a phantom of her nocturnal fantasies—until he appears, inexplicably, at her door in the flesh!
Lyssa aches for the reality of him, but there is grave danger in surrender. Because Captain Aidan Cross is on a mission, and the passion that consumes them both, body and soul, could have dire consequences in a world of dreams . . . and in the waking one as well.


Hello, hello! So... thought I would try out another Sylvia Day book... this is apparently an older one (2007?!) which I wasn't really aware of when I was browsing, I guess I don't pay attention to those details! LOL! There are only 2 books in this Dream Guardian series, so apparently this is it? Since book 2 looks as though it was published in 2007 as well! Hmph! Anyway, this one had an insane crazy cliff hanger ending, which makes me scramble for book 2, but no... it wasn't THAT good. I mean, I will read book 2 EVENTUALLY, but I have more pressing books to devour at the moment... So. Sylvia Day... she goes Gideon and Eva pretty well (Crossfire series)... VERY well actually, I'm pretty fond of them... and then there is her crazy angel theme'd books... *head shake* So this book sounded pretty interesting, and it WAS, but this was one of those "reader ruins the books" situation. Oh holy smokes! Shana Savage was the reader and I just have to say, Irish brogue is NOT her thing! Like... really, NO. It was killing me the whole time, I mean I think it would have really benefited from having a hearty male reader reading this like, oh say... Holter Graham or even the equally lovely Fred Berman, but this chick... yeah... it was NOT working out at all. It was the opposite of working out actually! *snort* The story was really interesting and neat, and like I said earlier, total cliff hanger ending, making it extremely difficult to focus on anything else, but reaching out for book 2 (hell, I MAY just give a go, not sure yet)... So the male character, Aidan, had sooo much potential, and the sexy sexy times were out of this world (though with too much repetitive phrases like *coughCOCKcough* which could have used some variety...) but the narrator just really killed it! :/ Sadly! It happens to good books sometimes! Anyway... not sure what's next... I got my hot little hands on LKH, so we'll see! ;)

Shitting reading aside, it was a good solid start to a pretty cool sounding series:


See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services