21 July 2013

Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound #5) by Jennifer Ashley






Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)

He was once a captive, but his urges were never caged. Now he’ll release them on a beautiful stranger whose own secret desires are longing to be sated…

He doesn’t have a name. He doesn’t have a clan. The humans who held him prisoner for forty years have taken them away. He knew nothing but captivity until nearly a year ago, when he was released into the light. Now Tiger lives in the Austin Shiftertown, where he struggles to belong and searches for an identity.

Carly Randal thinks her fabulous life is complete—until her car breaks down on the side of the road, and a wild-looking Shifter is the only one to help her. Tiger takes one look at Carly and knows instantly—she will be his mate. As Carly is drawn into his Shifter world, she risks everything she has for that forbidden something she still wants: passionate love.



Hello, Hello! I'm here for my review of the 5th book in the Shifters Unbound series by Jennifer Ashley, read by Cris Dukehart- who read the other books in the series as well, which I've also read. It took me several books to really get into this series, but after 5 of them now, I can say that I really do enjoy it a lot! We got to meet the main character- Tiger, in the previous book to this one, book 4, towards the very end and it was a great book too, so I knew with the title Tiger Magic, that this would be enjoyable too! I loved getting to know Tiger a little more and think that whom he was paired with, Carly, was perfect. She was a great, well rounded female counterpart to Tiger. In the last book, we were in a different shifter town, well, actually the last TWO books took place in a different shifter town that had characters who knew one another/were friends, so the series has sort of hopped back and forth, which keeps things interesting, but on a sort of skimming the waters type scenario. You get a feel for the shifter towns and of the main characters homes and outlying homes of characters who play a small part in the books, but you're not completely overwhelmed and bogged down by details that might cause a person to become disinterested in the series. So I think Ashley does a fine job at these shifter books and I'm glad that I was able to take a good break between this book and the last, but not a long enough break that I forgot about the characters and little nuances of the towns. :) I wouldn't suggest anyone read this series back to back like I did the first 4 books, LOL! I got pretty tired of them pretty fast, but after a short break between 3 and 4 and then a longer break between 4 and 5, and this one brought the fondness back for sure! :) A great paranormal, shifter series! :)

Totally deserved:



I'm starting another book here shortly (I'm blogging this from bed!) and it's going to be:



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services