07 May 2013

Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound #4) by Jennifer Ashley

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}

Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound #4)

by 
Collared and controlled, Shifters are outcast from humanity, forced to live in Shiftertowns. But waiting within are passions that no Collar can contain…
As a wildcat Shifter and leader of his Shiftertown, Eric Warden knows his own kind. When he sees Iona Duncan, he realizes that although she appears human, she is a half-Shifter wildcat living without a Collar—and that if she doesn't acknowledge her true nature and her mating hunger, it may kill her…
Iona finds the mysterious and powerful Eric alluring, even though she has vowed never to reveal her Shifter side, lest her mother pay the price for hiding her all these years. But her mating hunger is rising, and with Eric so close, she may not be able to resist…and her desire may lead to the very doom they are fighting to deny…




















Hi all! Back with another review! I actually and right down the middle, on the fence about this series as a whole. I'm ALMOST totally over shifters and the like, honestly! But I REALLY liked this book and really am starting to grow more fond of the characters that keep reoccurring. So... see my dilemma!? I am kind of getting into a book funk, which is a bummer. I want a good, meaty series that I can really sink my teeth into right now, and this one SORT OF has that, but then it's kind of 'getting old'. After, what? this is the 4th books... I think I need a little change of pace, but am not sure where I want to go... vamps? humans with emotional baggage? *sigh* I just don't know! There are several books that are releasing VERY soon that I'm really looking forward to listening to, but they are out RIGHT NOW at this very moment, which makes me sort of sad! :( It doesn't appear that the next book is anywhere near audiobook format (and if it were out right now I would definitely go after it because it's about the new tiger shifter we met in this 4th book, I'm REALLY looking forward to reading about him!) so I'll be searching for new series shortly! This book was pretty good though, same reader- Cris Dukehart, she's pretty okay now and the same shifter town as the last book, which I mentioned in my other review really made this series feel fresh and new! Great move on Ashley's part! ;) The main characters were the leader of the shifter town, Eric and his half shifter half human mate Iona. They were matched perfectly I think! We had heard of the two characters in the previous book, Eric had started his "hunt" of Iona and it was so neat to see it coalesce into this book, I liked it a lot! :) This one has a lot of adventure and "explanations" in it as well- a lot of plot to kind of fill in the gaping holes of HUH?! LOL! But yeah, I liked it a lot! :) Sadly my poor mp3 player has about seen it's last days! Eeeeep! I'm going to be order a new one in the next couple of days, so that is sort of exciting! The one I have no is literally what? 5 years old?! Could be! I love it and I will miss it! hehe! :) Anyway, until next time!

This one got an easy:




.... and I have NO idea what I'm going to listen to next .... I'm not sure what I'm in the mood for! :(


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services