07 June 2013

Entwined with You (Crossfire #3) by Sylvia Day

Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)



The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires… 
From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.
No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.
Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…


Hello hello! So... even though this was an eagerly awaited third book in the Crossfire Series and was HOT HOT HOT beyond measure, some parts and aspects of this book really were MEH for me! :( About 4 chapters in, I just got sooo tired of the "lifestyles of the rich and famous" attitude and descriptions and it got very old, very fast! I get it, everyone's rich and insanely gorgeous... is there anything else that is worthy of mentioning? Anything... at all?! *sigh* Of course I am familiar with Gideon and Eva, have read the other two books and really loved them a lot, but this one for some reason kinda struck a strange cord within me. It was like... when will the "honeymoon phase" or the "infatuation phase" end? And I don't mean honeymoon because of...errrr... ummm... yanno (no spoilers!) I just mean this insane goo-goo gah gah that Eva has for Gideon! It takes "love at first sight" to a kind of annoying sickly sweet creeptastic level that I am getting kind of bored with! I understand she likes him, and he likes her, but really now, people! Get over it! LOL! And I guess it makes sense because essentially these books plot-wise really only cover a span of months, like maybe 3 months? So I guess the "FIRE" is still burnin' and alive but it just is getting a little meh for me! :/ And... when was the act of rape ever been seen as a proper "cure all" for a PTSD rape victim...?! I mean really!? I dunno, maybe NEVER? Yeah, probably never. And this book just abruptly ended, like I honestly felt like it was just the end of a chapter, and I would wait a couple seconds and the familiar voice of Jill Redfield (who's a decent narrator) would continue on but nope! It just stopped! And I guess there is a note at the end of the book explaining and I've been reading on her Facebook that a 4th book is on its way, but holy smokes, talk about just a utter and complete let down. The end of the book didn't answer questions, ease any tensions- nuthin'! Just left me kinda hanging and wanting a lot more steamy scenes! LOL! I do have to give this book THAT much credit- it was HOT... steamy, smokin' hot! Which I expect from Day anyway, her other books were pretty hot, but this one pushed a few more limits and took one tiny little step out of the vanilla flavor, which was very nice! ;) Anyway, of course I will go on to read book 4 when it's released, but the semi-bad taste of this one needs to be replaced for me!



I have lots of books loaded up on my mp3 player, so I have to decide what is next... we'll see!! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services