02 June 2013

Omega (Penton Legacy #3) by Susannah Sandlin

YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}

Omega (Penton Legacy #3)

by 
The bloody war between the Vampire Tribunal and the defiant scathe of Penton, Alabama, rages on, forcing its residents and their bonded humans to retreat into the underground fortress of last resort: Omega.
There, Will Ludlam is charged with the care of Penton’s humans, though he longs to fight alongside his vampire brethren. He knows the risks: as the renegade son of the Tribunal’s vicious leader, Will’s capture could doom the resistance. Yet he is determined to prove his worth to his adopted scathe, to his vengeful father—and to former US Army officer Randa Thomas, his beautiful, reluctant partner.
Randa has little faith that a former member of the vampire elite has what it takes to fight a war. But as their enemies descend upon Omega, Will’s polished charm—and Randa’s guarded heart—finally give way to the warrior within.



















Hello! I just finished this third book in the Penton Legacy series and I really liked it! I think I may have preferred it best out of the three books! I really liked the second book's main character Mirren, but Will, in this book was a great leading male character! And his female counterpart, Randa, was pretty great as well. This one was less dramatic and adventurous, but it was more of a 'easing' into the romance, if you can call it that. It wasn't shock gasp love at first sight like the other books seemed to be, it was much more gradual and comfortable, which I really liked. This series is pretty decent, I hope there are more books in it, but the ending of this gave the impression she was doing a spin off, which, apparently from looking at good reads, lol- she intends to release a book that is probably more military based called Omega Force, which I'm sure is related to this series and will have familiar characters in it. I don't know why authors do that! I think this series could have kept going the way it was, and I can't really stand military based books! Meehhhh! Anyway... this one was good, I'm happy that I read these three in this series! A nice light read for anyone who enjoys a fairly decently written vampire series!

This was more of a 4.5 for me, but I gave it a little extra for being the last in the series heheh!




...and I have several different brand new released books in series that I've indulged in previously that I am EXTREMELY excited in listening to...

Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard, #2)


Forever (The World of Nightwalkers, #2)

Mine to Hold (Wicked Lovers, # 6)

Eternal Demon (Mark of the Vampire, #5)








No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services