19 June 2013

Surrender to Me (Wicked Lovers #4) by Shayla Black






Surrender to Me (Wicked Lovers, #4)
A secret fantasy.
Hunter had everything until a bullet put his career as a Navy SEAL on hold. Restless and uncertain about his future, he accepts an intriguing proposition: share an acquaintance’s girlfriend and fulfill her fantasy of a ménage. It should have been just a night of sexual adventure between three consenting adults. But Kata is like no other girl Hunter has ever met. By turns audacious and sexy, then vulnerable and aloof, she’s a heartbreaker he’s determined to master. But he needs more than one night. And he wants to do it alone.
An uncontrollable obsession.
Kata never expected to leave her comfortable relationship and explore something so dangerously forbidden with a stranger. Hard as she tries to resist, the guilty pleasure overwhelms her, and she surrenders herself, inch by inch, to the hardcore man who wants her for himself. Consumed by blazing desire, they’re soon threatened by the shadows of the past. And now to keep Kata safe, Hunter makes her a bold proposition of his own. Saying yes will destroy her heart. But saying no could cost Kata her life.





Okay, so I'm reviewing this book that I finished earlier from my bed, on my poopy laptop which I hate, so bear with me. I know this post doesn't "appear" like my usual posts do, and I will get it fixed tomorrow, I promise! I started the next book in this series shortly after THIS book was finished and I don't want to give anymore of a listen before completing this review... so here I go!


This is the fourth book in the Wicked Lovers Series by Shayla Black, and immediately, I remember WHY I stopped listening to these books. I had gotten through three of them and thought MEH, that's quite enough. These books are just... (pardon me) stupid. That's all. The only reason I'm listening to these and continue to do so (there are 6 books so far) is because they are pretty freakin' smokin' hot to be honest! This one was heavy into BDSM which has always been an intrigue of mine, but the plot... gods! It was bad. It was like "love at first sight", which always bothers me. I guess a lot of the books I listen to are like that, and maybe those books get a lower rating but I like a book where it takes a little while for the characters to actually fucking KNOW one another to start professing their undying love. Now I can understand a bit in paranormal books where they are "drawn inexplicably" to their one true mate (ya de yah) but this book is chalk full'a HUMANS and Hunter professing his love for Kata straight forward, within like the first 3 chapters of the book was a little disconcerting to say the least. I understand the mindset of the book, the BDSM theme / lifestyle, but this felt more like Black googled "bdsm" and just kinda inserted much of the common phrases and feelings from confessions. I dunno. It was stupid, yes. But hot... so. Yeah. It was read by Lexi Maynard who read the other three books in the series and hearing her voice some of the previous characters (some of them made brief appearances in this book) like Kimber, oh lordy! The way she made Kimber sound in the original book she was introduced in was enough to make me kill a person, so hearing it again brought back a lot of gritting teeth and baring it! LOL! Anyway. Hot book. Lame and predictable plot. But like I said, I started the next one in the series because I have a morbid fascination to hear Hunter's brother's book ;)


Yup- only this many stars:


 
See You Next Time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services