12 June 2013

Epilogue (The Dark Duet #3) by C.J. Roberts

Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3)
I’m writing this because you begged. You know how I love the begging. In fact, you probably know too many things and know them far too well.
Who am I?
Well, that’s what I’m trying to figure out. I was a whore in my youth, a killer since my adolescence, and a monster as a man. I am the man who kidnapped Livvie. I am the man who held her in a dark room for weeks. But, most importantly, I am the man she loves.
She loves me. It’s quite sick, isn’t it?
Of course, there’s more to our story than can be surmised in a few short sentences, but I’m at a loss for justifying my behavior back then. I assume if you’re reading this, I don’t need to make those justifications. You’ve already made your own.
You’re reading this because you want to know about the rest of the story. You want to know what happened that warm summer night in September of 2010, the night I met Livvie at The Paseo. It was the night my life changed all over again.
It didn’t happen exactly as Livvie said. She’s been very kind to me in the retelling of our story. The truth is far more…complicated.




Well hello there, lovely readers! Honestly, who even reads this book review blog?! Hah! I don't much care, I love giving my opinion, so here I am! I just finished up the 3rd... book? Not sure if I can call it that... I guess novella? Merp, anyway... just finished Epilogue a few minutes ago and am not quite sure how I feel about it. I was completely captivated and obsessed with her first two books, captive in the dark and seduced in the dark- they were completely amazing and out of this world... best books I've honestly ever read! Honestly! But this one... errr... not quite sure if it was really necessary. It almost felt like an obligation, as if C.J. felt like she HAD to tie up loose ends, to please her readers by giving them an "ending". Per say... I loved reading a whole novella through Caleb's point of view, but didn't really like how she merged James and Caleb... to me, that was unnecessary as well. I think Caleb should have been happy being Caleb, and shouldn't have craved being James, but perhaps that is what abuse, rape etc does to someone? Makes them want to be someone else after their trauma? Hmmmm. I am not saying I didn't like this story... I did! It was juicy and hot, but as hot as it was, it was also just a tad emotional. Not like the other books where the emotions are THE WHOLE BOOK, where the books MADE you feel and that completely rip your insides out. This one wasn't like that, it was more like small pangs of remembered emotions.... that sounds strange. I guess I haven't given myself enough time to really contemplate the story, but there wasn't ENOUGH to really fill me full, you know? I'm left feeling needy and wanting...more! Ah well. Anyway, I'm still giving this 5 stars, but am still craving a little more substance, like the other books. I wonder if anyone else is feeling this way? I may go read some other reviews! :)



See you guys next time! I have no idea what I'll start next! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services