17 August 2013

Release Me (Stark Trilogy #1) by J. Kenner

Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)


For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You comes an erotic, emotionally charged romance between a powerful man who’s never heard “no” and a fiery woman who says “yes” on her own terms.  He was the one man I couldn’t avoid. And the one man I couldn’t resist.  Damien Stark could have his way with any woman. He was sexy, confident, and commanding: Anything he wanted, he got. And what he wanted was me. Our attraction was unmistakable, almost beyond control, but as much as I ached to be his, I feared the pressures of his demands. Submitting to Damien meant I had to bare the darkest truth about my past—and risk breaking us apart. But Damien was haunted, too. And as our passion came to obsess us both, his secrets threatened to destroy him—and us—forever.
Release Me is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.



Hello, hello! I'm back with my review of Release Me, which is book #1 in the Stark Trilogy by J. Kenner. Apparently, even on Goodreads (^^^^), they are shelving this book along side other books like 50 Shades and Bared To You... although to be quite honest with you, this wasn't as good as either books! It was OK... don't get me wrong, I did end up giving it 4 stars! But really, I've listened to this type of book a million times before... bazillionaire man (who flies, nonetheless), obsessed w/ mid level half way pretty and strong willed woman... blah blah, both have emotional/mental scars, both just can't seem to LIVE w/o one another... yanno. The same ol' song and dance! Like I said, I've plowed through tons of these types of books and they're all relatively entertaining with some pretty smokin' hot scenes. There were only a couple of things that bothered me with this book, one being a major Booooh! is that it's in 1st person, I just hate the I, me, etc! It's kinda funky, as a lot of books aren't written this way! Also, the reader; Sofia Willingham, I don't personally recall ever hearing her read before (looking up her names proves my point) but she sounded really familiar and had this breathy whisper she took on during sex scenes which was slightly creepy. I didn't really prefer her reading voice and is kinda bleh'd out by the fact that she reads all the rest of the books in this series! Ugh! Another thing that bugged me, towards the end, (I gotta be blunt here... no way around it) Damien and Nikki are involved in some errrr.... uhhhh... well, 'anal sex' and to be quite honest, it's so ridiculously described that I honestly can tell that the author merely googled it to write the part in her book for an extra bit of somethin' somethin'! It's honestly NOTHING like this book describes it. Just to let you all know that! Hahahah! No, that isn't fair... I mean I guess it COULD be vaguely similar, but yeah... just really... not accurate at all! Anywho, the book clearly left the ending wide open for another book, which there are two others so far, that I'm sure I will be listening to as well after this one and don't really have any high expectations regarding the content or writing style or anything. I'm sure it will be the same thing I've just listened to, but just the two characters in different scenarios and situations. I'm sure we will get to know Nikki and Damien a little more, learn more about why they 'tick', per say but I'm really hoping that there aren't anymore poorly developed scenes like the anal sex scene! :X


A good start, hoping the next book is even better!


See you next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services