12 March 2013

Beauty Awakened (Angels of the Dark #2) by Gena Showalter

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}





Beauty Awakened (Angels of the Dark #2)

by 
His name is Koldo. He is scarred, powerful, his control legendary-and he lives only for vengeance, determined to punish the angel who viciously removed his wings. But if he yields to the forces of hatred, he will be kicked from the heavens, eternally damned.

She is his last hope. Nicola Lane was born with a defective heart, yet this fragile human shows surprising strength as demons stalk her every move, determined to end her. She is the key to Koldo's deliverance...and his downfall. Though he fights duty, destiny and his first addictive taste of desire, his toughest battle will be the one for Nicola's life-even if he has to sacrifice his own...

















Hello visitors! I've just finished the 2nd book in the Angels of the Dark series by Gena Showalter called Beauty Awakened. I read the first one what feels like forever ago, so this was a nice little continuation... although... *sigh* I'm not 100% sure how I felt about this book... I LOVE Gena Showalter too, so don't get me wrong, I'm quite familiar with her Lords of The Underword books and have read them all as well! This angel series is sort of a spin-off from the LOtU books, continuing on, in a way, with the angels who made a brief appearance... so I get the characters, get her writing style and whatnot, but this one was a little "tame" for me. I guess Koldo seemed a bit more dark 'n sexy in the first book, when he was introduced. I think I had even mentioned in book #1's review that I couldn't wait to read Koldo's book because he seemed very disturbed and dark and tortured. But... nah, he was actually pretty mellow. Everything seemed like it could have been cranked up a few notches actually! Especially the sex! LOL! Both of the main characters, Koldo and Nicola were virgins admittedly, but their first time, I have no idea what Showalter was thinking, but she completely and utterly skirted like any actual WORDS that were even remotely sexual. There were literally NO describing words at all during their few "intimate" encounters. It was extremely odd! It was like, it had soooo much potential as a book in general, to be pretty amazing, but it just missed the mark for me. It kept me extraordinarily frustrated, wanting MORE of just about everything, more detail, more passion, more everything- but it just didn't deliver. I dunno! I just felt the book was rushed and extremely vague! *shrug* It won't deter me from reading anything in the future from Showalter, like I said, I am madly in love with her LOtU series, but I'm hoping that Thane and his boys get their own book(s) very soon! There needs to be a little HEAT in these books! ;)

So... with that being said, this book gets: 


Up Next: 

I actually have NO idea what I'm going to start... I got my hot hands on Beautiful Bastard, but am not sure if I want to get into "humans" just yet... So, hmmm....

Beautiful Bastard (Beautifu...
by 
4.01 of 5 star



Maybe I will load up book two? Dunno just yet!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services