24 March 2013

Taken by the Night (Brotherhood of Blood #3) by Kathryn Smith

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}

Taken by the Night (Brotherhood of Blood #3)

by 
I enjoy carnal pleasures like any mortal man, but six hundred years of existence have taught me loss. Best to stay away from people and save myself the heartache. Then I arrive at the notorious London brothel Maison Rouge, and my life, such as it is, will never be the same again.
Ivy Dearing, daughter of the infamous Madam, has requested my assistance. Two of her friends have been murdered, and she is determined to find their killer. I know better than to agree to help, yet Ivy is impossible to resist. No stranger to vampires, she has awakened desires within me that are as potent as my thirst for blood—desires that can only be satisfied by Ivy herself. But when there is another murder, it is all I can do to protect the woman I love from an evil more powerful than the undead .


















Hello again! Seems like I was just here, posting about my previous book only days ago! I guess I went through this book pretty quickly! It's book #3 in the Brotherhood of Blood series by Kathryn Smith. And I'm enjoying this series, now, 3 books in! There is an underlying mystery to a particular item and happening by all of the characters previous to this one... they're all being mailed a particular object by a particular person at the very end of their story and I'm assuming we will soon figure out whom and what it's all about, and I'm looking quite forward to it! There weren't any real con's to this book, it was quick and witty and a total pleasure. And the narrator  Faye Adele, whom I've not had the pleasure of hearing read before has THE BEST english accent ever! I completely adored it! It seemed very fitting as this story took place around 11 yrs after the original Jack the Ripper scene/story. And even though the majority of the book takes place in a brothel, it's not overly sexual in any way, but the heat between the two main characters, Ivy and Saint, was plenty enough! It was a great book and I think I'll be starting the 4th on in the series later tonight! :)

I gave this book an easy:



Up next:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services