27 March 2013

Let the Night Begin (Brotherhood of Blood #4) by Kathryn Smith




{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}


Let the Night Begin (Brotherhood of Blood #4)

by 
A Vampire Will Not Rest Until He Satisfi es His Hunger . . .
And what I, Reign, hungered for most of all was Olivia Gavin. I have never met a woman more beautiful, more tantalizing, and so I made her my bride. She promised me her heart and soul . . . in return, I plundered her flesh, and bound her to me for all eternity. Then, terrified of what I'd made her, she fled.
Now she has returned, desperate for my help in saving her beloved nephew. But my assistance comes at a price: She must share my bed once more, for the feel of her soft skin, the heat of her kiss, excite me still. And I know she desires me, even as she resists her own heart.
Yet, as we rediscover the passion that brought us together, an enemy waits to destroy us both . . .























Hello, hello! I'm back! Bashfully, quite quickly because I had this book strapped on for literally days straight because I just got my hot hands on a book that was due out yesterday and one that I've been very much so looking forward to listening to (which by now, of course, I'm about 5 chapters in! LOL!). So... this was along the same vein as the other 3 books in the series, the plot kinda moved along at an easy pace and was a relatively easy listen. It started a little differently than the others with the males having to find their female counterparts etc. This one, the male had already found her female, married her and turned in a hurried, violent fashion previous to this book ever having happened! So during the book, we are taking partly down the path of their past as to why and how they were separated and in their current predicament and also don't the path of their future, getting through their dilemma and finding that they still did truly love one another after having been apart for 30 years. So... it was somewhat a different type of plot, but a good little listen nonetheless. The narration was by Ruby Westwood, whom I hadn't heard read before, and had a cheeky little english accent about her which was fun. It wasn't quite as lovely as the previous book that Faye Adele read in the english accent, but it was still pretty cute! Hopefully I am able to get book 5 soon, but until then, I'll make myself busy with other books in my TBR pile! I am anxious to see where this whole story goes and figure out the "mystery" of it all!

This book was an easy:


And... I am completely and utterly immersed in the newest book in the world of the Black Dagger Brotherhood yet again (it HAS been 11 books, after all!) so I'm currently devouring:

Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services