03 April 2013

Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood #11) by JR Ward



{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}

Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood #11)

Qhuinn, son of no one, is used to being on his own. Disavowed from his bloodline, shunned by the aristocracy, he has finally found an identity as one of the most brutal fighters in the war against the Lessening Society. But his life is not complete. Even as the prospect of having a family of his own seems to be within reach, he is empty on the inside, his heart given to another....
Blay, after years of unrequited love, has moved on from his feelings for Qhuinn. And it’s about time: The male has found his perfect match in a Chosen female, and they are going to have a young—just as Qhuinn has always wanted for himself. It’s hard to see the new couple together, but building your life around a pipe dream is just a heartbreak waiting to happen. As he’s learned firsthand.
Fate seems to have taken these vampire soldiers in different directions... but as the battle over the race’s throne intensifies, and new players on the scene in Caldwell create mortal danger for the Brotherhood, Qhuinn finally learns the true definition of courage, and two hearts who are meant to be together... finally become one.
























Soooo... hello! Seems like it's been quite some time because HOLY CHIT, this book was seriously LONG! Wowzers, felt like I was constantly listening to it and it kept going on and on and on. Honestly though, I could have sat and really listened to it go on and on. I've been thinking a lot about how I wanted to do this review, as I kinda peeked at a friend of mine's sort of kind of feelings on the book (which was wasn't preferring it) and at that point I didn't understand her dislike, I mean I could understand where she was coming from, and appreciated her opinion but I couldn't necessarily agree w/ her at all! She was mentioning how completely confusing and long and drawn out the book seemed to be getting, and I totally agree that there were SOOO many different story lines and plots going on that it was a bit much. It was a lot less about Qhuinn and Blay than it was the equal parts of all the other stories, which I actually enjoyed, but it definitely left me wanting MORE on the other stories! I'm sincerely hoping she releases the next book sooner rather than later, for sure! I know there was a lot of hype from people with the release of this book, a lot of people were seriously anticipating it, and overall, I can see where people will have some negative things to say about all the busy'ness going on and the many story lines, but if you are a die hard BDB fan, then you won't be let down! You would benefit from reading the rest of the books in the series on this one, before diving into Lover At Last, since it references sooo much from the previous books and you'd have to really know the drama between Qhuinn and Blay to really "FEEL" and appreciate this on, I think. That's just my opinion though. I can't imagine just having picked up this book and read it and been like WTF is going on here? LOL! That would be madness! :P Also, this one was read by the lovely Jim Frangione, who's read all the other books in the series and his voice gives me that warm, fuzzy BDB feeling. It reminds me of all the other books before this one that I've completely and utterly fallen in love with. This is my first BDB book that I've reviewed (which should tell you something since I've had this review blog for a while now and there's NOT been a BDB book released since!) and hopefully it won't be my last, but I can assure you, I've listened to all the others in this series and they are JUST as good (some even better~ like the book previous to this one, it's Tohr's book, GAH!!! I bawled the WHOLE freaking way through it! Like heart wrenching sobs!!) as this one! I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in a lot of action, violence, a little tiny sexy sexy action and a different take on the vampires/mate scenario. Anyway, so this proudly gets a super easy:




...and up next is... I have no idea! I'm still reeling from Lover At Last, so we'll see! ;) see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services