27 April 2013

Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound #2) by Jennifer Ashley

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}




Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound #2)

by 
When half-Fae, half-Shifter Andrea Gray flees an abusive would-be mate, the only way she is allowed to relocate to the Austin Shiftertown is if a Shifter there claims her as mate. 
Sean Morrissey, the Guardian of his clan and all of Shiftertown, is mateless, lonely, and has a tough job--to send the souls of deceased Shifters into the afterworld. He volunteers to claim her, sight unseen, but doesn't realize that one look at the gray-eyed, dark-haired Andrea will stir the mating frenzy in him. Even though the mate-claim isn't finalized, official, or yet blessed, Sean will do anything to get Andrea into his life and keep her there, forever.



















Hi all! I'm back with my review on the second book in the Shifters Unbound series by Jennifer Ashley called Primal Bonds, read by Cris Dukehart. The reading was fine, a little off putting with the rhythm, but not the worst I've ever heard, fairly mediocre. Actually, everything about this book was mediocre. It wasn't spectacular and just run of the mill. I'm actually looking for something pretty spectacular right now... After finishing this one, I attempted to start book 3 which started out slightly different, but is read by the same person as this one was, so it kinda, right from the start put me off thinking I was going to stay on the same mediocre train... I'm just not feelin' it for this series. Book 1 started out interesting enough, I think I called that one run of the mill as well, and book 2 was pretty just meh. Nothing too exciting happened, other than the predictable 'mate frenzy'. It had it's ups and downs, I guess, a tiny bit of who done it / action, but nothing that kept me on the edge of my seat, or reaching for my mp3 player at all hours. It was sort of a snooze fest! LOL! The 'shifting' aspect is pretty cool, but after the first book, it's all pretty predictable and sorta kinda 'meh'. Not the worst book, not the best book, and def didn't blow my socks off. I'm in desperate need of something to blow my socks off at this point because the last several books I've listened to, I've been overwhelmingly under impressed! :(




I gave this one:


...and I'm not really sure what I'm going to start next. I gave a wee listen to Book 3 in this series, but got kinda meh'd out, so I started Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning... not sure which I'm going to go with at this point... ho hum!

See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services