15 April 2013

Inferno (Chronicles of Nick #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon


{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}

Inferno (Chronicles of Nick #4)

The heat is on, and a new threat to humanity has risen…
Nick has his driver’s license and he’s not afraid to use it. But turning sixteen isn’t what he thought it would be. While other boys his age are worried about prom dates and applying for college, Nick is neck deep in enemies out to stop him from living another day. No longer sure if he can trust anyone, his only ally seems to be the one person he’s been told will ultimately kill him.
But life spent serving the undead is anything except ordinary. And those out to get him have summoned an ancient force so powerful even the gods fear it. As Nick learns to command and control the elements, the one he must master in order to combat his latest foe is the one most likely to destroy him. As the old proverb goes, fire knows nothing of mercy, and if Nick is to survive this latest round, he will have to sacrifice a part of himself. However, the best sacrifice is seldom the sanest move. Sometimes it’s the one that leaves your enemies confused, and you even more so.
And sometimes, you have to trust your enemy to save your friends. But what do you do when that enemy is you?

























Hello, hello! I'm back with another review! So soon? Well, kinda, yeah! This book flew along relatively quickly, just like my last book! Inferno is the 4th book in the Chronicles of Nick series by Sherrilyn Kenyon and is read by the oh so lovely Holter Graham (his voice is to die for!). I've listened to the 3 previous books to this one, so throughout the other books there is a lot of back story and whatnot. You kind of have to read other others to be down with what this book is all about, it's one of THOSE types of books/series- which are the books that I love! And not to mention that it's by Keynon, whom is one of my top 5 favorite authors of all time! :) Her books are outstanding. This series is VERY YA (young adult) though, which is sort of surprising for people who know me through the books I listen to, I've always been pretty severely against YA books of any kind, but it's Kenyon for Pete's sake! I HAVE to give it a listen and I was hooked at the very first book in this series. Although the book isn't in the Dark Hunter series per say (another completely outstanding series by Kenyon), there are several of the characters from the series in these books and that is what drew me to these ones even though they are "young adult". There's no hanky panky, no even MENTION of anything "mature" that I'm used to, but the characters are just so near and dear to my heart that I am so very fond of the tale they tell, so I will 'grin and bear' it hehehe! The main character, Nick is just so fantastic and spunky and all of the other characters are so very familiar, it was just a comfortable, nice little listen. Like getting together with an old friend over coffee! A little bit of chit chat, catching up, hearing a few of their stories and moving on with life until the next time you plan a date and catch up! :D Like most of Kenyon's books, as I mentioned earlier, this was read by Holter Graham and boy oh boy, if you've followed this blog long enough, you'll know that I'm a serious mega freaky fan of his narrating skills! LOL! His voice is perfection and he's very familiar with the characters and the books, you can tell, just by how easily he reads everything and gives each person their own 'sound'. I'm pretty intrigued in general by people who read audiobooks, quite frankly! :) Anyway, I'm sure anyone who loves Sherrilyn Kenyon is quite familiar with these books and have read and enjoyed all of them, just like I have. If you aren't familiar with them, I would start with book 1 and go from there. But in all honesty, I would start way way back with the Dark Hunter series, then move onto these ones! :)

Inferno got an easy:



...and even though I wasn't TOO impressed with book one of this series, I have this second book cued up and ready to give a listen to later tonight:

A Hunger So Wild (Renegade Angels, #2)

Talk to you all soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services