13 April 2013

Twice Tempted (Night Price #2) by Jeaniene Frost

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}



Twice Tempted (Night Prince #2)

by 
Dating the Prince of Darkness has its challenges...
Leila's psychic abilities have been failing her, and now she isn't sure what the future holds. If that weren't enough, her lover, Vlad, has been acting distant. Though Leila is a mere mortal, she's also a modern woman who refuses to accept the cold shoulder treatment forever–especially from the darkly handsome vampire who still won't admit that he loves her.
Like choosing between eternal love and a loveless eternity...
Soon circumstances send Leila back to the carnival circuit, where tragedy strikes. And when she finds herself in the crosshairs of a killer who may be closer than she realizes, Leila must decide who to trust– the fiery vampire who arouses her passions like no other or the tortured knight who longs to be more than a friend? With danger stalking her every step of the way, all it takes is one wrong move to damn her for eternity.
























Howdy y'all! *snort* I'm back with another review! Yeah, THAT fast. This book was extremely quick. Literally less than a day, I think? The running time on the audiobook says 8 hours 6 minutes, so yeah, it was a seriously quick listen. It's the second book in this silly little Night Prince spin off from Frost's Night Huntress series w/ Cat and Bones in it (which are SERIOUSLY fun books and ones I would highly recommend!) and I enjoyed the first book in this series, although if I remember correctly, I was kind of disappointed  so why did I grab this one?! I dunno! I was hoping this series would be cheeky and clever and full of hotness and fun like the Night Huntress series. It sort of it... but sort of isn't. *shrug* I really like Vlad's character, but this series is more about Leila (his mate) than it is about Vlad, which is a bummer, but it's okay. There was a lot less "action" than in her other books, so that is strange too. This book was just OK. There was nothing in it that wow'd me or amazed me, or made me feel or think too hard. It was a quick and easy, so-so little listen. I guess the two- Vlad and Leila worked through their issues in the book so that was a good thing. It was just quite quick that I felt like I blinked and it was over! It basically was! LOL! an 8 hour listen?! Just kooky! 

anyway, I gave this one just:



...and to my chagrin, I just started this one (which is highly anticipated and probably the only YA you'll ever see me listening to! *wink*)







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services