22 April 2013

Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound #1) by Jennifer Ashley

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}


Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound #1)

by 
CALL OF THE WILDTo most, they are animals even when in human form. They are to be collared and kept on the fringes of society, scorned because they are feared, hated for their extraordinary powers. And attorney Kim Fraser has to go right into the heart of their lair.
It is her job to defend those in need. But there is absolutely nothing defenseless about Liam Morrissey. His soft Irish lilt and feline grace can t disguise his sheer strength. Nor can the silver chain at his throat, designed to control the aggression of his kind, completely reassure her that this man has been tamed.
Yet when a feral shifter begins to stalk them both, Liam is the only one she trusts with her life. She'll let him claim her for her protection, for her pride, and for a passion that knows no bounds.




















Hello again visitors! I just finished up Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley, read to me by Traci Odom. Lucky me, right? Meh, not so much! The reading was very monotone and dead pan, unfortunately! It sort of made the story LESS THAN for me in this particular case, too. Which sucks when it happens, but oh well! It's life! Not every book can be read by someone magnificent! LOL! At first, I really liked this story, I was feelin' it, getting into the few steamy scenes and enjoying it! By the middle, I kinda lost a bit of interest and by the time the end was upon me, I found myself going "whew, it's over!"... I am going to read the second book just because I think it's going to be about who I'm hoping (Liam's brother! *wink*) I think his story might be worth listening to! Otherwise, the "falling madly in love" and "mating" happened extremely fast, I was like "Whoa! That escalated quickly!" LOL! It was like literally what? A week, a week and a half? And the two were "mated" by shifter laws/ways. It was very rushed feeling and kinda meh! But it wasn't completely and entirely awful, it had a good story, although a pretty transparent plot, it was an alright listen, and I'm giving book 2 a chance! ;)

I gave this one:


And I'll be loading up shortly:

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services