11 April 2013

Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno #2) by Sylvain Reynard

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}



Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno #2)

by 
Professor Gabriel Emerson has embarked on a passionate, yet clandestine affair with his former student, Julia Mitchell. Sequestered on a romantic holiday in Italy, he tutors her in the sensual delights of the body and the raptures of sex. But when they return, their happiness is threatened by conspiring students, academic politics, and a jealous ex-lover. When Gabriel is confronted by the university administration, will he succumb to Dante's fate? Or will he fight to keep Julia, his Beatrice, forever? In Gabriel's Rapture, the brilliant sequel to the wildly successful debut novel, Gabriel's Inferno, Sylvain Reynard weaves an exquisite love story that will touch the reader's mind, body, and soul, forever.


















Well hello there! ;) Welcome back to my audiobook review blog! Last night in the wee hours (not really, it was only 10:30 pm, but I had imbibed in 2 glasses of wine, so it felt like 3 AM), I finished up book 2 in the Gabriel's Inferno series by Sylvain Reynard (just saying his first name is kind of fun... try it... I'll wait...). It was um.... not good. I was hoping that book 1 was just kinda Sylvain getting a feel for the characters, building an empire for these people to rule (snicker), fabricating a WORLD for them to exist in and then by book 2, he would have his shit all figured out and book 2 would blow me away. Well, it... didn't. At all, really. I was sorely disappointed. I tried... honestly, I did. I wanted to love this story, I wanted to love the characters, but I guess I've been overexposed to sexy, strong males and demanding slutty females in my recent books that this was just a pile of like... melted chocolate. It was overly sweet, mushy, sloppy and made my teeth hurt. (slow nod) It was just way too lovey dovey. I appreciate it. Really, I did. I appreciate and respect what the writer was trying to do. I understand the depth and the "message" but it got very "god"-y and that grosses me out to no end. So between the overly sweet, fluffy "love" stuff and the holy holy thump your bible "god" stuff, this book didn't please me, turn me on, make me think TOO hard, or make me feel interesting feelings. It should have. And it COULD have. But it didn't. No disrespect is meant to the writer at all. There are clearly people out there who enjoy this sort of book/series, it has quite a nice high star rating to it, but for me, it just was too mushy and corny. (shrug) sorry! It's a great story for more TAME readers, who just like a little tiny bit of romance and no real detail to their books. Someone, somewhere (probably many someone's) really loves this book and that is what is great about books- they are not always for everyone! :) The narrator was the same, he says his name is John Morgan Michael in the beginning of the audiobook, but on the websites it's listed as John Morgan... so whomever you are, audiobook reading GOD, you are magnificent and lovely and your voice is like heaven! ;)

Anywho, here we go:




...and as I drifted off to sleep, I had started this book... which I think I'll have to rewind because I completely was confused! LOL!



See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services