26 August 2012

Eternal Beast by Laura Wright

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}



Eternal Beast (Mark of the Vampire, #4)

Eternal Beast (Mark of the Vampire #4)

by 
4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·   rating details  ·  154 ratings  ·  55 reviews
A Taste of Blood

Ever since his abduction by the Eternal Order of Vampires, Gray Donohue has finally found his true calling: vengeance. He will stop at nothing to bring his fellow Impure vampires the freedom they deserve. Now if he could just release his primal need for the beautiful vampire who saved his life—and rules his thoughts and desires…

After nearly killing the senator she was assigned to protect, Dillon is now in mortal danger. The jaguar within her has been unleashed, and she can no longer control it. Sex is the only thing that can tame her shift. And Gray is the only man who can make her surrender to a passion strong enough to overpower her inner beast. But she doesn’t want to surrender—she wants her life back. Because she is determined never to belong to anyone, especially not Gray—the male whom destiny claims is her mate…
































Welcome back visitors! I just finished the 4th and so far, last book in the Mark of the Vampire series. I really enjoyed this book and am sad to see that I'm all caught up on her series! I am hoping that she writes more for this series as there are many, many more characters that I'm dying to learn more about! I think that if anyone wants a good, solid series with a great amount of series based lore that is particular to these books only and these characters, I would definitely go out and get these books. They are a generally quick read as well, even though I gave them a listen on audio, they all went fairly quickly (except for book 3 which I think was the longest of them all so far) and are so great! I am quickly warming up to the characters and everyone's quirks and temperament. We were introduced to Dillon and Gray in the first book actually, and had heard of them throughout the series here and there, they both had their personalities forming from the very beginning and it was nice to see them have their own book. It was interesting as well, the "beast" twist, that Wright gave the vampire world she's created. You were given a sense of Dillon being this bad ass all the way from book 1, and this book took you through WHY she says what she says and does what she does. Gray's personality was pretty crystal clear from book 2 on and in this book we were all able to really get a good picture of his Why's and why not's. All and all- great book, great series!

I give this book about a ★★★★.5 LOL! and I'm not 100% sure what I will be starting next, but I've loaded up this book onto my mp3 player, so we'll see! I'm really missing the Night Huntress series!!! *sigh*


First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services