09 August 2012

At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}


At Grave's End (Night Huntress #3)

by 
4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·   rating details  ·  22,279 ratings  ·  1,195 reviews
It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield’s life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she’s successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat’s worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover’s finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger.

As if that wasn’t enough, a woman from Bones’s past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat’s about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she’s learned as a special agent won’t help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave.



































So, HI again! So soon it seems, right? I just finished up Book 3 in the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost, and I have to say I was happier with it, than with book 2. It had a lot more action in it, and a lot of emotions that were all over the place! It's all very Anita Blake (series by Laurell K Hamilton) sounding though, the more I give it a listen and the more it gets into the "secret branch of the military"-esque. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Anita Blake (Vampire Hunter) but the action sequences, the 'little battles' are very reminiscent and starting to sound repetitive and familiar. I think it might have to do with the fact that I am devouring these books one right after another, and they are probably not meant to be read that way since authors don't release books that way- there is generally a good year or less between each book they release. But with other series that are all available and out, I tend to grab them and eat them up one after another. *sigh* So what should I do then? Give this series a 'rest'? I've just loaded up book 4, and I generally don't get exhausted so quickly on books but this series is doing that for me. It's not warm and fuzzy like my last series I just finished (The Nightwalker series by Jacquelyn Frank, I'm having a little withdrawal from the characters, wishing the series weren't over and wanting that sense of 'mate' and 'love')... Hmmm. I guess I will just kind of carry on with this series. Cat is being more and more kind of... heartless, cold, battle hardened and Bones is strictly business in this book. There's A LOT of action and adventure and I guess I'm just not used to that too much considering the last series I just finished. I'll pull up my big girl panties and get through these books, I think! Onward!!!

I gave this one: ★★★★ = Liked it! It was fairly enjoyable!

Until next time~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services