25 August 2012

Eternal Captive by Laura Wright

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}



Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)View a preview of this book online

Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire #3)

by 
4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·   rating details  ·  602 ratings  ·  114 reviews
He'll become a predator to protect his prey.

Marked By Blood

Lucian Roman knows he must stay away from Bronwyn Kettler for sanity's sake. Since feeding her his blood, he can think of nothing else but possessing her—fighting an uncontrollable desire to kill her, if he has to, and the vampire she has sworn to wed.

Bronwyn, a brilliant vampire genealogist, can never escape her connection to Lucian. He sustained her when she was starving. He still rules her dreams. And when the nights get dark enough, she still craves him. Though is essence courses through her body, she has found a true mate in someone else.

But when a dangerous enemy threatens Bronwyn, only Lucian—bound to her forever by blood—can save her life. Even if it means sacrificing his own.







































Hi again!! Last night I finished the 3rd book in the Mark of the Vampire Series by Laura Wright and I have to say, the other 2 books were leading up to this one amazing book! I completely LOVED this book! I loved EVERYTHING about it, the torturous emotions, the chains, even didn't mind her using my favorite "C" word because she actually mixed it up with the equally lovely "P" (remember, rhymes with 'hussy!') word, LMBO! So, with that being said, I loved these two characters- Lucian and Bronwyn, and I knew deep down (read my second review of this series) that I was going to completely love this book- and I was right, I DID love it! I loved that after a fashion and being in his homeland, Luca's brogue started to peek through and reallllly loved another minor characters british accent... made me seriously miss Bones from the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost- which Tavia Gilbert also narrates. ;) Anyways, this book seemed to be a bit longer than the other two in the series and it felt slightly disjointed at the end... I'm not sure why I felt that way, but I did. By the end I was tearing up something fierce though, so that might have been why! It felt like a really long journey that slightly seemed a little longer than necessary, like things were almost drawn out TOO much (if that's possible!)... but all in all I seriously give this book ★★★★★ = Loved it! 

I had loaded up the 4th book in the series and gave it a short little 15 minute listen last night, and I'm interested in seeing where it's going to go... the characters are really ones I'm emotionally invested in, but I am sure I will enjoy it! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services