18 August 2012

One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}



One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6)

by 
4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·   rating details  ·  10,621 ratings  ·  1,100 reviews
The latest installment in Frost's "New York Times"- and "USA Today"-bestselling Night Huntress series, in which Cat grapples with her temporary ability to communicate with the dead and takes on a phantom murderer. Original.


























Welcome back readers! Here I've concluded the Night Huntress Series thus far... just finished book 6 earlier today and wanted to get a review out before I got too into the new series I just started a few hours ago. I don't know if Frost has any intentions on continuing Bone's and Cat's story any further, or leaving it at 6 books, but it felt like a good place for a stand still... a break, so to speak. I vaguely recall reading something about a Night Huntress "World" on her website when reviewing the books before I started them, so that is definitely something for me to look into in the future when I've had a sufficient enough break... I'm ashamed to admit it, but I think I will have Tavia's voice of Bone's echoing in my mind for quite some time! ;) Even though I said that the accent killed me at the first & second review! LOL! He became seriously endearing after 6 books! And oddly enough, the new series I plugged into today is actually narrated by Tavia as well! LOL! It's not often that that sort of things happens. Readers repeat obviously, especially the real strong male narrators, but I didn't know of Tavia before this series (that I recall off hand) and now she's going to be reading a whole new series, it's just kind of funny to me! Feels familiar, but where, oh where is Bones? Bahahah!! Okay. So Bone's and Cat's 6th journey together... it was a good one. It had all the same excitement and adventure in it as the rest of the books in the series had of course and a bit more of the "connection" between the two main characters that we've all grown to love. Bone's and Cat are quite the couple! :) I like them both equally, I think, after having read their story in book form back to back... SIX whole books! Well, when I said "read", of course I meant LISTENED to! ;) Either way, I don't know how long I will be able to go w/o hearing about Bones and Cat or at least their "world", so I might look into the Night Huntress "World" books sooner rather than later! :) Anyone looking for a good adventure, love story, drama, and tons of action with a great writing style, pick up these books!

I gave this 6th book in the series    ★★★★ = Liked it!


And several hours ago, I started this book:
Eternal Hunger (Mark of the Vampire #1)





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services