17 August 2012

This Side of The Grave by Jeaniene Frost

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}


This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress #5)

by 
4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·   rating details  ·  14,776 ratings  ·  1,314 reviews
Danger waits on both sides of the grave.
Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones have fought for their lives, as well as for their relationship. But just when they've triumphed over the latest battle, Cat's new and unexpected abilities threaten to upset a long-standing balance . . .
With the mysterious disappearance of vampires, rumors abound that a species war is brewing. A zealot is inciting tensions between the vampires and ghouls, and if these two powerful groups clash, innocent mortals could become collateral damage. Now Cat and Bones are forced to seek help from a dangerous "ally"; the ghoul queen of New Orleans herself. But the price of her assistance may prove more treacherous than even the threat of a supernatural war . . . to say nothing of the repercussions Cat never imagined.


































Hello again! Here I am with my review on the 5th book in the Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost! This book was along the same vein as the others, and although I didn't enjoy it quite as much as book 4, I thought it held it's own and was a good, solid book. As you may or may not know, I LOVE me a good series, and though this series is not as emotional and all lovey-dovey as some of the series I read, it has GREAT action and adventure and good, sturdy plots and characters. I love the diversity of the characters and love the fact that we get to see them make repeat performances throughout the whole series. I know the focus is solely on Bones and Cat, but learning a bit more about the secondary characters wouldn't hurt, I don't think... it's sort of a shame we don't get to know some of the other characters like Tate, a bit better. But Bones and Cat's adventures could surely fill page after page, as they have already done and be a pretty decent book(s), don't get me wrong! I enjoyed the emotion in this book a lot, and don't want to do any real spoilers but there is a pretty heart wrenching moment in towards the end of the book that made me shed a bit of a tear! I think the only thing that I didn't really 'feel' was the difference in Tavia Gilbert's reading style in this one. She gets very rushed and panicked and frantic when she reads during exciting moments in the book, and sometimes that it hard to follow along and keep track of. That was the only real con and against several of the pro's, it doesn't really make the book terrible, just something that I didn't fully prefer. All in all, this is a great fifth book in the series and I started book 6 last night, so I had to get this review down here before I pop my mp3 earbuds in and give a listen while doing chores today~ so here it is! :)


I gave This Side of The Grave this many stars: ★★★★ = Liked it! 


And I've loaded up the final book in the series so far, book 6 last night!

One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services