07 August 2012

One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}



One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)

One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress #2)

by 
4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·   rating details  ·  26,818 ratings  ·  1,581 reviews
You can run from the grave, but you can’t hide…
Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She’s still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.
Being around Bones awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline rush of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head – wanted: dead or half-alive – means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard Cat tries to keep things professional between them, she’ll find that desire lasts forever … and Bones won’t let her get away again. Original.































Hi all! Welcome back to my audiobook review blog! Today I'll be letting you guys know about a book I just finished last night called One Foot in the Grave. It's book 2 in the Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost. I'm not sure if I am needing a bit of a Night Huntress break, but this one was just kinda Meh. for me. It lulled a bit in the middle and by the end, it was kinda just like in one ear, out the other, even though the very end had a tiny little twist that was vaguely enjoyable. This book took place FOUR YEARS after where the first book left off, which was slightly surprising, but I guess it was meant to show the reader that Cat's feelings for Bones were strong and could with stand the test of time, even though she kind of ended their relationship at the end of book 1 (spoiler! sorry!)... so, my heart was palpitating pretty good at the beginning when they two finally get back together and I had a feel for Cat's longing and sadness while they were apart. One thing has bugged me though, before Cat and Bones got back together, they mentioned TWICE, her tattoo she got after she parted ways with Bones... the tattoo was a replica of the one mentioned in book one, that Bones had. Well, why mention the tattoo if when they got hot and heavy again, he wouldn't have noticed it, or said something about it... I think that would have been a great addition. That first time they (well not the FIRST time, that was pretty ehhhh yeah... not the time), but when they got back together in a prone position (LOL!), and he was errrrr.... enjoying her body (?!), that he would have noticed it, looked up at her, said something, she would have given a cheeky grin... whatever. It just would have been a quick, nice addition. Anyway. Hey, I'm not a writer, whatever. LOL! Okay... so yeah. This book was just OK for me. There was a great, steamy scene, but these books may as well be genre'd YA for the lack of errrrr, 'heat' they have. It's enough, but just barely. I know, they aren't smut... I need to go back to reading 50 Shades, but I'm just sayin'- a little more descriptive sex scenes would be kinda nice. But I digress... the book was decent. 'Nuff said! I started book 3 last night, but I'm wondering if my hearts in it. I don't know how I will get through 4 more of these books if they are as kinda mehhhhh as the second one.


On Good Reads I have this book 4 stars, but I think after really thinking about it, I will give this book: 
★★★ = Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services