22 August 2012

Eternal Kiss by Laura Wright

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}




Eternal Kiss (Mark of the Vampire, #2)View a preview of this book online

Eternal Kiss (Mark of the Vampire #2)

by 
4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·   rating details  ·  914 ratings  ·  130 reviews
Sacrifice will be their downfall. And their resurrection.

Family is blood.

His father unknown, his mother dead, Nicholas Roman was raised by the vampire Breed with one wish: to live as a normal vampire. But once he's transformed against his will into a gifted immortal, Nicholas now has one goal: to stop the Eternal Order of vampires from controlling his life and from transforming more males from his bloodline for their vicious reign. Then comes a beautiful stranger with a startling secret.

Vampire Kate Everborne claims she's sheltering Nicholas' long-lost son. If this is true, then who is the mother? And how endangered are they if, indeed, Nicholas does possess the bloodline so coveted by the Order? These are questions that with every seductive whisper, every silken touch, draw Nicholas and Kate intimately closer and nearer still to the truth. But aroused too are Nicholas' fears that this tantalizing woman has even more secrets—both dangerous and provocative—she has yet to share.







































Hello again! Here I am reviewing the second book in the Mark of the Vampire series by Laura Wright, read by the lovely Tavia Gilbert! This second book gave me a little more a taste of what I was kind of wanting in regards to my review on book one (Eternal Hunger). It was a decent book and issuing more and more about the characters that I'm really liking. The wonderful Laura Wright still over uses that wonderful "C" word that we all  know and kind of cringe at... and at the very beginning of the book she had mentioned the "P" word... you know, rhymes with HUSSY (lmbo!!!)... and I though "oh my god, she did it! she nixed the "C" word from her books!!!! yay!" but no... I had just gotten a wee bit lucky that one time with the "P" word! No, in all honestly, it doesn't bother me really that much, it's just that there's so many other words that authors can use for our wonderful feminine parts, the "C" word just make it sound dirty and crude. Anyway... I enjoyed this book a lot, it revealed a lot of different things and has that perfect amount of tension and action/adventure in it. I'm really loving getting to know all of the different characters and brothers and whatnot and even though I kinda called the ending (situation with Luca & Bronwyn- who the next book is about YAYAYAYAY!!!) pretty early on (actually, last book!), I'm really enjoying it! I love this series and hope I'm not setting myself up for failure because I'm REALLY excited to start book 3! I loved the torment and the self loathing that the main character Nicolas has and love the spunky attitude that Kate has as well, though the way that Tavia read the voice of Kate, I sort of wanted to shove knives into my ear drums after a while! *shudder* No offense or anything, but Kate's voice is excruciating LOL! Ahhh! so, this review is kinda all over the place, sorry! But I definitely am loving this series!



I gave Eternal Kiss this many stars:  ★★★★ = Liked it! 

And I will be starting the 3rd book in this series tonight! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services