19 September 2012

Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning


{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.} 




Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1)

Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander #1)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  · rating details  ·  18,221 ratings  ·  1,094 reviews
He would sell his warrior soul to possess her. . . .
An alluring laird...
He was known throughout the kingdom as Hawk, legendary predator of the battlefield and the boudoir. No woman could refuse his touch, but no woman ever stirred his heart--until a vengeful fairy tumbled Adrienne de Simone out of modern-day Seattle and into medieval Scotland. Captive in a century not her own, entirely too bold, too outspoken, she was an irresistible challenge to the sixteenth-century rogue. Coerced into a marriage with Hawk, Adrienne vowed to keep him at arm's length--but his sweet seduction played havoc with her resolve.
A prisoner in time...
She had a perfect "no" on her perfect lips for the notorious laird, but Hawk swore she would whisper his name with desire, begging for the passion he longed to ignite within her. Not even the barriers of time and space would keep him from winning her love. Despite her uncertainty about following the promptings of her own passionate heart, Adrienne's reservations were no match for Hawk's determination to keep her by his side. . . 


























Hello again!!! So... here I am reviewing Karen Marie Moning's first book in the Highlander series- Beyond the Highland Mist. I'm not quite sure if my "experience" of the book was kinda overshadowed by the fact that I devoured C.J. Robert's Dark Duet books in Kindle format WHILE attempting to give this book a listen in audio format, but *sigh* this book was just meh, alright for me. It paled in comparison to what I've recently read and listened to, unfortunately. Though it was a clever, cute little story, the narration (Phil Gigante) was a tad bit cheesy as well as the Scotish brogue, a little too ehhhh, "Sean Connery impersonation" for me. I am going to give the second book in this series a go though, just to see if it was the dreaded "first book" curse, or whatever... but I don't want to give these books up just yet... Like I said, it could have just been timing, so I'm willing to try the second book! It's on board on my mp3 player and I'll start it tonight!


I gave Beyond the Highland Mist:




And I have book 2 loaded up and ready

To Tame A Highland Warrior (Highlander #2)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services