22 September 2012

To Tame a Highland Warrior by Karen Marie Moning

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.} 

To Tame A Highland Warrior (Highlander #2)

To Tame A Highland Warrior (Highlander #2)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  10,862 ratings  ·  498 reviews
Only her love could gentle his savage soul—

He was born to a clan of warriors of supernatural strength, but Gavrael McIllioch abandoned his name and his Highland castle, determined to escape the dark fate of his ancestors. Hiding his identity from the relentless rival clan that hunted him, he called himself Grimm to protect the people he cared for, vowing never to acknowledge his love for ravishing Jillian St. Clair. Yet even from afar he watched over her, and when her father sent an urgent summons, "Come for Jillian," he raced to her side—into a competition to win her hand in marriage.

Why had he run from her so many years before? And why return now to see her offered as a prize in her father's manipulative game? Furious, Jillian vowed never to wed. But Grimm was the man she loved, the one who urged her to marry another. He tried to pretend indifference as she tempted him, but he could not deny the fierce desires that compelled him to abduct her from the altar. She was the only woman who could tame the beast that raged within him—even as deadly enemies plotted to destroy them both....
























Hello again! Here I am with my review of the second book by Karen Marie Moning in the Highlander Series... it was called To Tame a Highland Warrior and (to my happiness) featured a character from the first book in the series- Grimm. I was very happy to hear his "story" be told, and love the "supernatural" aspect of it as well as the "mate" aspect of it! As you may or may not know, I'm a sucker for the "mate" genre of books, so this one hit a soft spot within me. The narorating is by the same fellow, Phil Gigante and his scottish brogue still irks me a little, but has sunk into my mind and throughout my day, I occasionally hear his voice in my head! LOL! That sounds odd, doesn't it? Meh... this book I only gave 3 stars on Good Reads, but after a bit of thought, it was more like 3.75 stars LOL! It was "good", but it didn't blow me away. It was far better than the first book, which was "alright", but again- nothing that made me go "WOW!". I am continuing on with the series though, because after two books, I think I kind of owe it to myself to follow through. The scenery and descriptive way Moning paints their story is actually kind of cool, so I am enjoying the series so far and am waiting for that one book in the series to make me sigh happily. This one ALMOST did that, there were some very tender moments, but it played out very similarly in plot to the first book, which is why maybe it felt typical to me, but I just REALLY liked the Grimm character. His mate, Jillian was very cute too! Anyway... I will probably give a listen to the third book, which I started last night for a few minutes... see you guys soon!

I'm giving this book 







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services