08 September 2012

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.} 


Once Burned (Night Prince #1)

by 
4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  6,836 ratings  ·  1,514 reviews
She's a mortal with dark powers...

After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: terrifying powers that let her channel electricity and learn a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude...until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire...

He's the Prince of Night...

Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all—but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him—a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites between them, threatening to consume them both. It will take everything that they are to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames.

























Hello visitors! I've completed the above book and here I am reviewing it! LOL! This was Mrs. Frost's first book in the Night Prince Series, which means what? More Vlad books?? I certainly hope so because although I love Bones and Cat and everyone else involved in Frosts's Night Huntress World series, I especially loved Vlad's story! I thought it was interesting who she paired him with as well! Leila was quite interesting in her "gifts". I really liked it and loved their "relationship", though it really isn't much of a relationship because of how Frost ended the book- which ehhhh, I wasn't too fond of. There was an epilogue which tends to "wrap things up", but truthfully it was a serious cliff hanger, lol! So with that being said, I'm sincerely hoping we see more of Vlad in his very own series- the Night Prince series! :) I fell madly in love with Vlad in the very first book that he appeared in in the Night Huntress Series w/ Bones and Cat and was really looking forward to his own book- imagine my happiness when I was stalking Frost's website and saw he's have his own book! I've been biding my time all the while, waiting to give it a listen and even though I had pretty high expectations, I wasn't let down too terribly much! It was a really great book!




I give Once Burned ★★★★★ = Loved it!





And I have loaded up and ready to go (which I'm so freaking excited about, I could pee!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services