05 September 2012

Eternal Kiss of Night by Jeaniene Frost


{YES, I've listened to this book on audio and YES this post contains spoilers, as I am reviewing a book!! LOL! may contain questionable language, discretion is advised! Excerpt below from Good Reads.}




Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2)

Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World #2)

by 
4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  12,226 ratings  ·  975 reviews
An immortal war has been brewing in the darkness . . . And now one woman has stumbled into the shadows. 

Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who thought he'd seen it all. Then Kira appears, this fearless, beautiful . . . human who braved death to rescue him. Though he burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life. Yet sending her away is unthinkable.

But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.
























Hello!! Whew! Been a while huh? Generally I update this good ol' book blog of mine more frequently, but like I mentioned in my previous post, my parents came into town from Washington State for a week visit and it was so much fun, I barely gave a listen to my book while they were here! They left several days ago, and I'm now just getting into a comfy groove of listening to my book throughout the day while my girls are in school. I've FINALLY finished this book- Eternal Kiss of Night the second book in Frost's Night Huntress World series. Felt like this book was rather long and drawn out, but I think it's because I was preoccupied most of the time with family and just overall busy with other things. So, aside from this book feeling a little long winded, it was kinda cool, but then kinda a little dull as well. I had high hopes for Mencheres... I don't know why, just did. With him being as old as he is, I'd think he would just kinda react and act a little differently. I am not sure what it is that makes me think this, and maybe it was Tavia Gilbert's way that she read his "voice", it just kind of made me think he were an ol' stick in the mud or something. I did really like Kira though! Well, I liked them both, but with everything I was doing at the time while listening to this book, I really don't think I can give a very fair review. I will just leave it with "good book". How's that? LOL! Yeah, not good enough! :P The two's chemistry was really nice though, I liked it. But it lacked a lot of 'meat on the bones' content for me. I dunno! I'm failing at this review miserably! hahah! I'm going to start the third book very shortly and can't wait! It's Vlad's book, and even though he made a short appearance in this book, it wasn't enough! I can't wait to hear his story! :) See you all soon!

I gave this book: ★★★★ = Liked it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Attn: Blog Reviewers!

Not happy w/ your current blog graphics/layout? Need a fresh start for the new year? Need somewhere that is totally "YOU"? Don't settle for sub-par blog designs! I'd love to makeover your book review blog! Check out my services:

Designs by Sarah Custom Services